Z axis height not consistant

Thread: Z axis height not consistant

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z axis height not consistant

I have been having problems with a new machine I picked up. I am running servos and Wincnc. After setting it up I have everything working properly other then the Z axis wants to move up about .050 after a run time of about 30 minutes. It slowly trends upward as the program runs on, it is not just a sudden move. I have adjusted the revolution setting in the ini file for Z and it seems to be within .005 when I check the height. Is it possible that this needs to be closer than .005?
    My table has been shaved down ans is level to the bit. If I cut only a couple of small parts I don't see any issues. It seems as though the more Z moves it makes the higher the Z axis will go over time. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would check to make sure everything is grounded. It could be a loose cable. Also don't assume that because you plugged the machine into a receptical that should be grounded that it is. We had a similar problem with the drifting down, until I re-secured the grounding rod line.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve,

What version of Wincnc are you using? It may benefit you to update your software. What brand of machine are you using? Also..., is it only on the Z axis that you are seeing this problem? Are you using steppers or servos?