Need Help! ug-nx4 plot

Thread: ug-nx4 plot

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ug-nx4 plot

Hi,
    I have a problem in adding printer in ug-nx4 plot, so I am unable to use plot command and while using print-command the line thickness is more, how can I reduce the line thickness.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you can not control the line thickness using print command. Print is just a snap shot of Graphic screen display.

However if you specify clearly about your problem in installing a printer to use Plot command i can help you. I am using plot command on NX4 and its working fine with me.

The basic procedure is using plot admin first create a plotter model and then assign a system profile to it.

Ananth Kulkarni
    THE GREATEST OAK WAS ONCE A NUT WHO HELD ITS GROUND

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am unable to use plot admin and how to create/add plotter model?
    Where I have to specify the plotter?
    Adding and Configuring a Printer and Profile?

can u tell me everything step by step....please?

I didn't used the plot command before.

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to create new Printer Group?
    How to define Printer in the new Printer Group?
    How to specify printer model?
    How to identify the queue or device?
    How to set default option for printer?

Regards,

SK

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default get plot users guide published with nx3

Goto the GTAC site, look under documentation, NX series, NX3, down near the bottom of the page is a doc called plot quick users guide, it will download a pdf called nx_plot_userguide.pdf. In it all will be revealed.

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for telling me about user guide but still there is a problem. I had followed the complete procedure given in the user guide but my added printer did not highlighted in Printer--->Select Printer/Profile--->Printer/Output Format....,
    so is there any other process or I have to check some important things(what are those things)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First login with admin rights.

Goto NX PLOT directory and double click nxplotadmin.exe.

This will open a dialog (I will call it Main Dialog), goto Models tab>choose the printer model from the list, if its not listed then choose the closest printer model and hit Save AS and give a name for the new printer model and OK.The new printer model will be added to your list at the bottom. Select that and hit Properties button. This will open a dialog similar to attached Model setting file. Add or Delete the paper sizes according to your printer. and hit OK. It will return back to Main dialog.

Now goto Printers tab and hit Add. Printer setup dialog will open. give a display name, choose the model you just created from the drop down menu. Check the NT Queue box and type the complete path of your printer. Similar to attached Queue setup file.Hit OK when finished. It will return to Main dialog and you must see your printer in the list here.

Select the printer from the list and hit System Profile. There are two tabs. adjust the parameters in both pages. Refer attached files Syspro_printsetup and Syspro_printlayout for help. Everytime hit OK to accept the changes. It will revert back to Main dialog.

Finally HIT OK on Main dialog. start NX and goto plot command check whether you can see your printer in the list.

Upto this step you can do it without any problems i guess, but the main problem you will face is "in spite of adding the printer successfully you will not be able to fire the plot".
    You have play a bit with parameters to achieve this.

Get back here for any clarifications.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ug-nx4 plot-model_settings-jpg   ug-nx4 plot-queue_setup-jpg   ug-nx4 plot-syspro_printlayout-jpg   ug-nx4 plot-syspro_printsetup-jpg  

Ananth Kulkarni

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I double click nxplotadmin.exe, an error massage comes "Can't find models file..." and when I hit OK the next massage comes "Printer Administrator is already opened" and when I hit OK the massage window and nxplotadmin.exe window disappears.

what does it mean?

Last edited by sk96_me45; 09-17-2008 at 12:55 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you using a genuine NX? if yes, it means your NX installation is not correct. please call your local NX support.

Ananth Kulkarni

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Friends,

When I use edge blend command I have to select all edges one by one of same feature even I had already toggled on the option "Blend All Instances".