Need Help! UC400ETH - Gecko G540 and HY 110 1.5KW VFD Parameters Help

Thread: UC400ETH - Gecko G540 and HY 110 1.5KW VFD Parameters Help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default UC400ETH - Gecko G540 and HY 110 1.5KW VFD Parameters Help

Does anyone have experience on this combo of components?
    i just bought this controller unit to replace a onefinity buildbotics controller and have been struggling on the right combo of parameters between HY VFD and UCCNC software. I used this ( attached) schematic and have only been able a achieve limited motion on spindle , I am comfortable with the VFD settings , not that they can't be improved on . But the setting page on UCCNC has been killing me. When it does work M5 may or may not stop it or it never spins to begin with. I have just been throwing darts and hoping to find the right combo. Any insight will be really appreciated

Thanks Dibbs

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UC400ETH - Gecko G540 and HY 110 1.5KW VFD Parameters Help-uccnc-g540-relay-spindle-control-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UC400ETH - Gecko G540 and HY 110 1.5KW VFD Parameters Help

You need to configure UCCNC to control the spindle using PWM and use two outputs to control the FOR and REV signals. The info you are looking for is in the manual of the G540.

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UC400ETH - Gecko G540 and HY 110 1.5KW VFD Parameters Help

got it pretty much figured out thru trial and error - it was a combination of the low active setting. only thing i really want is better RPM control - numbers are way off from VFD to what s command tells it - my suspicions are it must be voltage setting in VFD and thank you for your reply Arturo