What are the chances of starting a tutorial sub-forum? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the chances of starting a tutorial sub-forum?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorin,

Would Bobcad be willing to allow you an upload to their tech page? This could be very useful to all those tech guys trying to give help on these basics.

Tim

BTW, I haven't recieved anything yet on the High speed spindle attachment you have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tim,
    To answer your earlier question regarding my training files. You have my permission to pass them on to anyone that needs them. I will try to email you the info on the spindles. Have been going through som crazy stuff lately. My carpal tunnell (got that fixed) and my wife being diagnosed with pre cencerous toumors (she is going to have her surgery this Mon). I will try to make some time and get that info to you.
    God Bless,
    Sorin

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorin,

Mike the gunstock guy here. Man I am sorry to hear about your wife. We will be praying for her.

It is good to see you bak on here. Missed you. I am curious about this spindle you speak of. When you have a chance to take a breath, email me whatever you have. You have my gmail account....I think. If not let me know and I will send it to you. It is one I don't post anywhere.

How are your accessories for big boy toys going? You going to the ShotShow?

Mike

No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mike,
    Nice to hear from you also. Thank you for the prayers, we could use them. I wouldn't be going to the Shot Show. I have too many things going right now...... Anyway, email me your Gmail address and I will get back to you there if you wish.
    Take care,
    Sorin

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

Downloads
    Uploads

I just wanted to chime in, I was searching for a tutorial thread. I have taken a class from Sorin that was done in a very professional manner. I was very green (still am) and he acknowledged we all have a starting point and he would be glad to help. I do read his site on occasion and not to take anything away from the wonderful people who help us all, today I came across a series of instructional videos done by Aldo DePoala on V24. I cant tell you how excited I was to begin to understand a little more about how to perfect my results. The lessons on machining order, slots, pocketing tips and especially the side roughing features use just give me hope of having pretty parts that need next to no prep. (I understand that is a relative term).

I will never forget a statement Sorin made during a class, "if there is a reason to use the human hand on a part after machining, you are being lazy". I do know the appearance on a part of running a chamfer tool beats my use of a hand file, anyday!
    I think he truly meant it and I am trying to think like that even if it might not be obtainable.

Just saying Thanks to all those that help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12