So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!! - Page 5

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Went to the bearing shop.

Front 2 Bearings:
    Double pack spindle high speed bearings. Chinese replacements $240.00

Japanese (top of the line) replacements $410 dollars.

Either way, the bearings cost more then the spindle. They have the best prices around, unless you live in a communist country cough cough *china*.

I did have the bearings checked and he said there was minimal runout, which was probably to spec for being a chinese bearing, he said it shouldnt affect anything in day to day operation and they looked healthy. The rear bearing i did not even get a quote on since the front 2 were so expensive.

I dont have a VFD or i would re assemble it and see how she operates.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post

Front 2 Bearings:

Either way, the bearings cost more then the spindle. They have the best prices around, unless you live in a communist country cough cough *china*.

I did have the bearings checked and he said there was minimal runout, which was probably to spec for being a chinese bearing, he said it shouldnt affect anything in day to day operation and they looked healthy. The rear bearing i did not even get a quote on since the front 2 were so expensive.

If the front bearing pair are in good shape, get a tube of Kluber and repack them. The single rear bearing might not be too expensive to replace. If the front bearings are preloaded, you could probably replace it with a deep groove bearing. Check out VXB for prices.

bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Front 2 Bearings:

diyngineer give these guys a ring or email... give them the spec on bearing id, od etc... they do vfd spindle repairs.... would be interest see if there prices are better.

Precision Spindle & Accessories Inc.
    PO Box 269
    Otterville, Ontario N0J 1R0
    www.precisionspindleinc.com tel. 519 671 3911
    haviland@precisionspindleinc.com fax. 519 652 5994

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
    diyngineer give these guys a ring or email... give them the spec on bearing id, od etc... they do vfd spindle repairs.... would be interest see if there prices are better.

Precision Spindle & Accessories Inc.
    PO Box 269
    Otterville, Ontario N0J 1R0
    www.precisionspindleinc.com tel. 519 671 3911
    haviland@precisionspindleinc.com fax. 519 652 5994
    I will give them a ring. I would imagine though it would be far more money since they don't have hundreds of thousands of square feet of warehouse and monster purchasing power, all focused on just bearings. But it is a shot.

I will probably repack the bearings like mentioned and reassemble.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rowbare View Post
    If the front bearing pair are in good shape, get a tube of Kluber and repack them. The single rear bearing might not be too expensive to replace. If the front bearings are preloaded, you could probably replace it with a deep groove bearing. Check out VXB for prices.

bob
    Where can i pick up the Kluber? Is this something like auto zone would carry, or do i have to travel back to the bearing shop.

Downloads
    Uploads

Bring your wallet. We use some that's $300/quart.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Bring your wallet. We use some that's $300/quart.
    Anything short of 300 bucks i can use? lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I believe that these are an equivalent bearing http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit10873
    Kluber NBU15 (correct choice )can be bought herehttps://www.klubershop.com/ for around $30 for a little tube
    Back bearing (assuming 7003C)http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit10828

PS did you find the outer race yet ?

Out of curiosity(caused be you guys, darn you!) I took the back cover
    off my rummi/love 1.5Kw spindle it has a NSK japan bearing

Downloads
    Uploads

Anything short of 300 bucks i can use? lol
    Sorry to have been so sparse on the details about the Kluber. I thought that I had seen you following Hoss' G0704 thread. There had been a discussion about it there. Anyway steveg pointed you in the right direction...

Also http://www.cnccookbook.com/ has an article dated 4/27/10 called "Kluber's Magic Spindle Bearing Grease".

bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default more info of spindle sources

To: eloid
    Sent: Thu, May 13, 2010 5:40:26 AM
    Subject: Re: inverter-driven spindle motors

Dear Mr. eloid ,

Thanks We are shocked that the photos and descriptions on this link are exactly same as our catalog , however, It is not our authorised reseller .Probably they had bought some spindles from us before ,but we could not trace this company from our clients base. but obviously this comapny looks like a trading office ...

Regards
    Alan

MSN: keivinandroice@hotmail.com
    http://kerigroup.en.made-in-china.com
    Email: cnkerigroup@gmail.com

note this is there web site... keri...

http://kerigroup.en.made-in-china.co...K-SP1500-.html

this is love-happyshopping ebay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/3KW-WATER-COOLED-...item56315ba70c is

allan describes..."shocked that the photos and descriptions on this link are exactly same as our catalog "

Downloads
    Uploads

i spoke with helen... and requested the following

"i really like to see what your supplier uses.... for bearings " on the high end model spindles
    this what she forward me back... these are for unit the use german bearings
    only...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!!-b1-jpg   So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!!-b2-jpg   So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!!-b3-jpg   So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!!-s1-jpg  

So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!!-atcb1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

i spoke with helen... and requested the following

"i really like to see what your supplier uses.... for bearings " on the high end model spindles
    this what she forward me back... these are for unit the use german bearings
    only...
    Those look better haha

Downloads
    Uploads

To: eloid
    Sent: Thu, May 13, 2010 5:40:26 AM
    Subject: Re: inverter-driven spindle motors

Dear Mr. eloid ,

Thanks We are shocked that the photos and descriptions on this link are exactly same as our catalog ,
    however, It is not our authorised reseller .Probably they had bought some spindles from us before ,
    but we could not trace this company from our clients base. but obviously this comapny looks like a trading office ...

Regards
    Alan

note this is there web site... keri...

http://kerigroup.en.made-in-china.co...K-SP1500-.html

this is love-happyshopping ebay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/3KW-WATER-COOLED-...item56315ba70c is

allan describes..."shocked that the photos and descriptions on this link are exactly same as our catalog "

Dear Mr. eloid ,

Thanks you, still we do not know this seller ,we saw the so called SGS certificate on ebay
    ( http://cgi.ebay.ca/3KW-WATER-COOLED-...item56315ba70c ),
    clearly that's not the original certificate .They should have made it by themselves...ISO certificate is not just a page file.(over 10 pages ).

Regards
    Alan

so it clear the certificate is a fake...the manufacture of this spindle is puzzled? Yes its there spindle no doubt there.
    as I early post in the blog certificate are not like this...

Last edited by eloid; 05-14-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default bearing photo

other spindle manufacture, bearing used in there products

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!!-k-fag-bearings-hb-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default iso certificate

FYI Frist page of keri iso certificate
    attached....

notice it says... it certificate valid for spindle motors.

Not.... steam sterilizer, electric distilled water devices etc or uv sterilizers....
    as note in the other cert.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So you want a Chinese Spindle !!!!-ek-iso-certificate-spindle-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

FYI Frist page of keri iso certificate
    attached....

notice it says... it certificate valid for spindle motors.

Not.... steam sterilizer, electric distilled water devices etc or uv sterilizers....
    as note in the other cert.
    Looks legit! Keri group seems wayyyy better.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks legit! Keri group seems wayyyy better.
    keri group is a manufacture, kindka is a product reseller /trader

When i get all the facts/ details... I post who kinkda buys from....

Downloads
    Uploads

so it clear the certificate is a fake...the manufacture of this spindle is puzzled? Yes its there spindle no doubt there.
    as I early post in the blog certificate are not like this...
    I've not quite followed everything said here...
    But it's not unheard of, or even unusual, for a reputable mfg to outsource to China and the actual facility which handles mfg pulls a "third shift" to make copies of the same design to sell on the side.

However, they may not be able to procure needed parts produced outside the factory, esp ones produced outside the country. In which case you could indeed have a unit with identical housing, armature, ports, terminals, etc, but cheap Chinese bearings because the company which contracted the work won't send them 8,000 sets of German bearings for a 5,000 unit order. And they lack the know-how and German-speakers to procure them- also it may arouse suspicion. It's easier and more profitable to substitute a locally produced part at drastically reduced cost.

Or the company may have anticipated this and simply asked for them to ship the housing and armature for a final assembly done elsewhere with bearings they never saw. So they really don't know what goes in it and just fitted what they could find.

Last edited by MechanoMan; 05-17-2010 at 04:57 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've not quite followed everything said here...
    But it's not unheard of, or even unusual, for a reputable mfg to outsource to China and the actual facility which handles mfg pulls a "third shift" to make copies of the same design to sell on the side.

these spindle are made manufacted in china.... and imported here to 3 parties sellers.

However, they may not be able to procure needed parts produced outside the factory, esp ones produced outside the country.
    In which case you could indeed have a unit with identical housing, armature, ports, terminals, etc, but cheap Chinese bearings because the company which contracted the work won't send them 8,000 sets of German bearings for a 5,000 unit order.

not the case here , they make low end model ... and other models with german bearing key is to know who you dealing with.....

If the manufacture or ebay seller do not provide you with some type of docummention... almost 99% of the time there hiding or missleading the buyer.... why...
    manufactures who do not stamp mark there logo name or model number on spindle tend to sell there spindle to trader and 3 party vendors who mark up the cost, and dont want to provide you any traceable info on the product, ie support or parts.... consumable spindles.....

If you ask the right questions and deal with the "manufacture" you find out several things, you get detail info on product ie bearing, and you learn that most spindle come with 2 year warrenty not one as claimed by ebay sellers
    that why most exchange unit with no hassle!!!!!!!!!...But your get short changed buy 1 year in warenty.

And they lack the know-how and German-speakers to procure them- also it may arouse suspicion. It's easier and more profitable to substitute a locally produced part at drastically reduced cost.

it all about cost,,,,, if they can sell you a german look alike... they will.

Or the company may have anticipated this and simply asked for them to ship the housing and armature for a final assembly done elsewhere with bearings they never saw. So they really don't know what goes in it and just fitted what they could find.[/QUOTE]

these unit are made china 100% ...some will offer nsk, fag3 bearings
    but you need to inquire.. and ask the right questions
    questions...

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are getting a Chinese spindle with Fag,NSK or Thk bearings,they are manfactured in China.All the bearing companys have been in China for the last 10 years or more.I have THK BK/BF ballscrew support bearings and the bearings came in a package marked Made in China.The problem is you will never know if you received German or Jap bearings made in china or local copies.Don't think for a moment that specked with German bearings that they were made and shipped fron Germany.Only time will tell.A dollar rubber stamp is all that is needed to make a skate board 20cent bearing into a 100 dollar bearing
    Larry

L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast