fagor controller for lathe

Thread: fagor controller for lathe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question fagor controller for lathe

how do i zero the job,this is an old controller i have the manual but cant make head nor tail of it

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

What Model control?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The controller is an cnc 8025T
    I have an bar between centres and i want to make the end zero, do i touch the end for z zero and known dia for x zero.In the manual it says call up tool number then x. Do i type in the dia of the bar or machine dimensions and the same with z . It also says about tool shape and tool nose comp also i and k. I think i am looking at this and cant see the wood for the trees

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tool setting (assuming you will use more than 1 tool) and part setting are slightly different. I believe the 8025 works like my 8040.
    You should be able to set your values the same way as using a DRO.
    Touch end of part. Press Z. input 0. press enter. it will ask if you want to do this or are you just a dumb a$$. press enter again.
    Z should now read 0.
    Do X the same way only inputting the size of your reference diameter.
    If you need to set up more tools relative to this tool you need to use the tool setting function.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The machine has a manual tool changer as the machine is only used for roughing out (old machine,job is 66 inches long 9inch dia off centre turning) for grinding .At the moment i am to busy on other jobs but i will try to zero the tool sometime next week .At the moment the machine is only used for one particular job so i,ll have to try it before the job comes in again Thanks for the information Darebee i really appreciate it i,ll let you now how i get on sometime next week.

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Even with a manual tool post, with drop in style tool holders you may still wish to set tools if doing more than one part.
    The Fagor manuals are not so good IMO. The explain the exact control functions ONLY.
    There is no explanation of the sequence of steps one might take to produce a part.
    I feel it should be more in depth and have better translation from the native language (Italian?).

This sounds similar to my control - mine shows this all graphically - does yours?
    This sounds complicated in this writing, but in my experience is very quick and easy.
    3.4.2 TOOL CALIBRATION
    With this option it is possible to calibrate and load the tool dimensions onto the tool
    offset table of the CNC.
    The CNC shows a graphic at the lower right-hand side of the monitor used as a user
    guide during tool calibration highlighting the data being requested at the time.
    To calibrate a tool, a work-piece of known dimensions is used and the procedure is
    as follows:
    1.- The CNC requests the work-piece dimension along the X axis.
    Key in this value and press [ENTER]. It must be given in the machine work
    units (radius or diameter).
    2.- The CNC requests the work-piece dimension along the Z axis.
    Key in this value and press [ENTER].
    3.- The CNC requests the number of the tool being calibrated.
    Press [TOOL], then, key in the tool number and, then, press for the
    CNC to select it.
    4.- Move the axes by means of either the mechanical handwheels, the electronic
    handwheel or the JOG keys on the Operator Panel until the tool touches the workpiece
    along the X axis.
    Then, press the keystroke sequence: [X], [ENTER].
    The CNC will show the work-piece coordinate along the X axis and the tool will
    be calibrated along this axis.
    5.- Move the axes by means of either the mechanical handwheels, the electronic
    handwheel or the JOG keys on the Operator Panel until the tool touches the workpiece
    along the Z axis.
    Then, press the keystroke sequence: [Z], [ENTER].
    The CNC will show the work-piece coordinate along the Z axis and the tool will
    be calibrated along this axis.
    The CNC will request a new tool to be calibrated. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 as needed
    Press [END] To quit this mode and return to the standard display mode.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cheers darebee this sounds like the right method and the manual is rather confusing.I know i,m jumping the gun a bit but with the canned thread cutting ,after finnishing if thread is to tight, if i remember rightly you cannot re-run the cycle slightly deeper as i will not pick up at the right point
    p.s. Went on google earth to look where stratford is looks a nice place to live, also your company,s website,we are smaller but simular type of work