Free/Inexpensive Job Pricing Software - Would You Be Interested? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in Free/Inexpensive Job Pricing Software?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be interested only if its freeeeee!

86 47.78%
  • I'd be willing to pay a small fee for such a program?

81 45.00%
  • Sorry, just not interested.

10 5.56%
  • I already own an alternative.

3 1.67%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Free/Inexpensive Job Pricing Software - Would You Be Interested?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again everyone,

This program is now called 'Price-IT'....original I know! :

Anyway, I've set up an e-mail account that you can use to contact me if you wish. Or feel free to pm me.

The email is:

price [dot] it [dot] spreadsheets [at] gmail [dot] com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by thkoutsidthebox View Post
    GOOD NEWS!

Hi folks,

I've managed to go from Pic.1

To Pic.2

It might not look like much, but if we can't place randomly selected items from each category into a nicely organised list in order that their entered, then we can't have itemised lists.

Anyway, this is good, there's still tweaks to work out, and a few hours/days of grunt work involved to get proper itemised lists and get them onto a customer friendly printout, because I have to sort out the whole tax conversion or ignoring tax conversion, or using alternative tax rates thing, but it looks like this might make it in...time dependant.

L8rs.
    So, if I am reading this correctly, you will be able to make a change anywhere along the chain of forms and it effects the complete set? That would be great!!! I can't wait to give it a test run!!! HURRY!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GAWnCA View Post
    So, if I am reading this correctly, you will be able to make a change anywhere along the chain of forms and it effects the complete set? That would be great!!! I can't wait to give it a test run!!! HURRY!!!!
    Yup, thats pretty much the way it works. But a small change only affects the relevant areas.

For instance:

If you change the amount of some random item your charging for, such as...cnc time goes from 6 hours to 5 hours lets say...then the final totals, itemised sheet and other such relevant data change accordingly, but obviously it makes no differance to the amount of....screws...your charging for. The itemised list and such are completly automated and generate automatically.

Once I have the video done up it should make it all clear. But it minimises the amount of effort that goes into pricing any job, and maximises the information you get back.

Last edited by thkoutsidthebox; 10-26-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi folks, hope everyone has a good weekend,

Just to let anyone whos interested know, I should have the video of pricing an individual job online in a few hours, it's very quick and easy. I just have some family stuff to do before I can record it after lunch.

Bye for now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,
    Its taking a bit longer than expected to convert the different versions, so I'm not so sure about the video getting up today, but Im doing my best. I'll let you all know. Bye for now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

As you may have guessed I ran into a few snags, but they're all sorted out now. Unfortunately this meant that I didn't get the video done, but I'm ready to fire all guns at it tomorrow so it'll definately be up then. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Gd'nite.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Finished!

FINISHED!!
    Hi all,

Well after pulling an all nighter it's finally finished.

I'm just carrying out some 'administrative' stuff, basically closing off the different versions.

I did up a video of pricing a job, but even though its less than 10 minutes long it recorded at 1.4GB in size. It's uploading now but has taken an hour and a half to get to 97MB so I don't think it'll be up today, but it is loading!

I'm hoping to start into the instructions this afternoon after I get some sleep!

The instructions are essentially the same for the different versions except that I'll change the currency symbols from $ to € to £ or whatever.
    The only thing is that it'll take a while to rewrite the instructions using the different symbols. So, if people want the program without their own currency instructions (No differance to learning the program, you'll just have to pretend while reading that its in your currency! ) while waiting for me to finish writing up their version thats fine. The instructions will be emailed to anyone who wants them as a zipped .pdf as they become available. I'm not sure what order I'll write the instructions up in yet, maybe by whatever order people ask for them or I open them randomly! The last set should be ready within a week or two either way.

Ok, so that's it for now, I hope to be finished completely today, with one instruction set by Wednesday at the latest, maybe tomorrow evening.

Thanks folks,
    L8rs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Now for the nasty part!

Payment details will follow when I'm actually ready to send people the file. I'll test it in OpenOffice tomorrow aswell so people know where they stand with that.

I hope its ok with everyone if the price will be as follows:

EUR €20
    US $29
    UK £14
    CAD $28
    AUD $31
    NZD $37

For members of CNC Zone and the Vectric Forum the price until the 30/Nov/2007 will be:

EUR €10
    US $14.50c
    UK £7
    CAD $14
    AUD $15.50c
    NZD $18.50c

Any following Version's will be discounted to people who already have the program based as a fraction of the differance in price. (E.G: If Version 2 puts the price up to $40 from $29, then for people who already have the program it will cost approx $11).

If anyone finds any mathematical or programming problem with the program please email or pm me and I will fix it as quickly as possible, subject to personal commitments ( E.g: If I promised SWMBO that I won't go on the computer for a weekend, the fix will have to wait until Monday etc...I know...Im whipped! ). All updates will be included in Version.2 and any suggestions people have after using the program for a while are always welcome . Ok, back to work I go. L8rs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Where do we go to see the video?!?! (Once it's uploaded)
    (At 1.4 gbs. I think you produced it in the wrong format... WMV
    is the smallest size, then AVI is the next size up... there was a
    video that showed all the sizes, but I'll be dammed if I can find
    it now.... and of course I can't find my notes I took as well.. )

I 'think' I understand it, but seeing the video would help me a lot.

Last edited by The Inventor; 10-29-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Side Note
    "Inventor"
    A "True" machinist loves it when they say: "That can't be Made"!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Price is right!

The price is right so how do we send payments, I bet you have not thought of that yet EH? (Canadian eh). I have to work nights this week so I won't get on at night for awhile.

Let us know when you are ready for downloading!! Can't wait to try this out!!!
    As Inventor says, Where did you upload to?

Hey Inventor, How you been doing?

GG

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again,

Thanks for the comments. Inventor, videos make everything so much clearer which is why I'm doing my best to get some up.....Unfortunately it's not going so well.

The problem I'm having is that when I use the "Microsoft Video 1" compressor the video will work fine in Google video, but the one of pricing the full job is about 1.4Gig's, which would have taken 21hours to upload. I say 'would' because a while ago something happened my connection and I lost the entire day's upload, it was nearly half way there .
    When I use the "Cinepak Codec By Radius" (Dont ask me what that means ) compressor, the video records over ten times smaller and plays fine on my screen, but after upload to Google video its just a blank black screen.

My program is WisdomSoft AutoScreenRecorder, it can record either in .avi or flash movie, but google video only accepts the .avi one.

I will try getting another screen recorder program tonight, but then I'll have three! geeze!

Anyway I can make a number of smaller videos which people can watch, and just take my word for the total time to price the sample job. How do people feel about 'You can price the sample job in under ten minutes or your money back' ?

Leave it with me for tonight, I'll have more info on the video situation tomorrow.

Payments will be by Paypal, its all sorted out ( HA! ). When I receive payment I will email the program file within 24hrs (To allow for time zone variation but likely quicker than that within the first few days because I'll check more often). It is just under 6.3Mb in size unzipped, but in the e-mail it will be zipped at approx 1Mb. I don't want to give the Paypal details right now because I'm not ready for people to buy today, I want you to see some sort of video first so you know what your getting, and the instructions first. It's not complicated, just enter the details I ask for in the Paypal comments box and send to my email. I'll then send you the file type you specified.

Ok, I'm off to google for another screen recorder...wish me luck....

Downloads
    Uploads

"How to eat an elephant" --- One bite at a time!!! ;D
    Make your videos in sections/Chapters! (Part1/2/3/etc.)
    You're trying to swallow it whole.

If you've got MS MovieMaker try that... YouTube and Google
    will/should both take videos in WMV format.

"IF" you have a YouTube account you can do a 'live recording'
    max limit is 10 minutes per video.

Have you got a web hosting service/ website?
    If so upload the program to a password protected folder;
    make up a simple "Thank You" page and then put the pathway
    into your paypal payment button.

Now after they pay, they click the link and go to the "TY" page
    and download the file, (You just send them the ID and PW).

TIP: DO NOT name your TY page "ThankYou.html" make it something
    like "ThkU49583.html"... this will help stop the hackers/download thieves.

"Inventor"

Downloads
    Uploads

Food for Thought: RE: Website
    All you will need is a 3 page website
    1.) A Sales page with order button
    2.)Video page to view your videos (Embedded YouTube videos)
    3.)The "Thank You/Download" page

Hosting services are cheap now, but make sure whatever service you get
    allows you enough bandwidth for your download traffic. (6 to 10 GB per month)

"Inventor"

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all, Im sorting out a website at the moment. I have the first few pages fo the instructions written. I'm recording another video tonight to try to upload. Thats it for now. Hope your not all too irritated waiting to see the vid's and instructions. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by thkoutsidthebox View Post
    Hi all, Im sorting out a website at the moment. I have the first few pages fo the instructions written. I'm recording another video tonight to try to upload. Thats it for now. Hope your not all too irritated waiting to see the vid's and instructions. Thanks.
    A Diamond is not made over night!
    (It might take 2 or 3 )

Last edited by The Inventor; 10-31-2007 at 10:38 AM.
    "Inventor"

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi folks, just a little update.

I've been working away on the instruction documentation which is coming along, and will be available for download for FREE before the program. This way everyone can see exactly what they will be getting before deciding if it suits their needs.

The website is (Edited: www.priceitspreadsheets.com ), but my upload test page didn't work for some reason, so I've emailed my provider to find out whats going on. I'm hoping the program will be downloadable from the site, failing that it will be emailed to people.

I'm also going to try uploading Part1 of the job sample video's again tonight.

Apologies again folks, its coming along, but we just have to wait a little bit longer!

Last edited by thkoutsidthebox; 11-02-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Change Website Address

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

Well I bought a hosting package from GoDaddy with my priceit.com domain name. I contacted GoDaddy in relation to my test html page not working, and it turns out the domain name I bought from them actually came from 'Network Solutions'! You think they would have told me this before paying? Anyway, I emailed Network Solutions yesterday and told them what GoDaddy said to me, which they replied to about one hour ago. They sent me instructions on how to change my Domain Name Server. Now I have to admit this is pretty much double dutch to me, but I can follow instructions as good as the nexy guy, so I went to work! Ok, so, the first line said I should enter my username and password to log into the Account manager....erm...what?....WHAT USERNAME AND PASSWORD???? I never saw the Network Solutions site before this happened, I PAID GODADDY FOR MY WEBSITE!! ARGH!! :chair: So I emailed them back a few minutes ago asking for my username and password...the saga continues! I wish my websearch had come across Network Solutions now, but I had heard good things about GoDaddy....grrrr

ARRRGHHH, I had the following written into this thread reply:
    "Ok, so on a lighter note, here is the first few pages of the instructions to keep everyone going. They're in zipped .pdf format. the videos are going to have to wait until I get onto a faster internet connection because I have to upload them as the full approx 100Mb each. What was one 1.4Gb video, is now 8 100Mb videos! "

But guess what? My zip upload just said in the pop-up attachment manager "Instructions.zip:
    Upload of file failed." :chair:

I think maybe its not meant to be. I am not a happy camper! Sorry about this folks. I'll try and sort it out over the next few days when I get onto a faster internet connection.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

Some good news at last! Here is a link to the part of the instructions I've completed thus far.

http://www.4shared.com/file/28061984...tructions.html

Simply click on the file to download it. The first page is blank as I haven't designed a cover sheet yet. I had to put a disclaimer into the instructions at the start, I think this is wise, I have to protect myself, and although long, its not as long as most terms & conditions I see when I get new software now!

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this if people get a chance. Thanks. ......thats if everyone hasn't got fed up waiting...Is anybody out there???

Last edited by thkoutsidthebox; 11-01-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi folks, this is working out better than I thought!

I'm able to use my 4share account to host my actual program files for download. I will issue the download link and password by e-mail after payment. I will be ready to release this properly in a few days, I just have to finish the instructions and sort out those jinxed videos!

I have edited the link in the above post and it now brings you directly to the instructions download page. I'll let you know as the instructions are updated. L8rs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Downloading the Instructions

Hi folks,
    Some people were unsure about downloading the instructions and got a bit....ahem...lost!

Anyway, to download the instructions:

1: Click on the link I previously posted.

2: Scroll down the page a bit and click where it says 'Download file'

Thats it!

Ignore the random advertisements. I didn't put them there!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Free/Inexpensive Job Pricing Software - Would You Be Interested?-download-screencap-jpg  

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast