Problems sending files to OSP5000 over RS-232 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems sending files to OSP5000 over RS-232

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problems sending files to OSP5000 over RS-232

Video BTR is a punched tape connection, i.e. parallel in a way. I used to do those conversions with such cards and later with programmable converters (parallel-serial RS232).

The oldest 3000 and some of the first 5000 series had a punched strip in one direction and RS232 in the other

With a serial port cable and using the TT: method of my post, you can do better. Some 5000 models require RTS/CTS handshake and some handshake from D25 pin number 20. You should be careful if you don't know what you are doing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by IguSystem View Post
    Video BTR is a punched tape connection, i.e. parallel in a way. I used to do those conversions with such cards and later with programmable converters (parallel-serial RS232).

The oldest 3000 and some of the first 5000 series had a punched strip in one direction and RS232 in the other

With a serial port cable and using the TT: method of my post, you can do better. Some 5000 models require RTS/CTS handshake and some handshake from D25 pin number 20. You should be careful if you don't know what you are doing.
    Thank you, good info, I'll give it a try! Question, why would this machine have a BTR installed? I understand its been in play from day 1.

Downloads
    Uploads

Could you solve the problem?
    What serial communication software are you using?
    I’m using COMMUNICATION SOFTWARE FOR FANUC CNC with the similar CNC.
    It is specially designed for FANUC CNC though it can be used also with other CNC.
    It has several built-in help menus that show you how to use it with your CNC.
    You can download it from “The SOFTPEDIA· web page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12