Multicam 3000 - Motor Fault | Count 19

Thread: Multicam 3000 - Motor Fault | Count 19

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multicam 3000 - Motor Fault | Count 19

Hello everybody,

I've been having an issue with my Multicam 3000, this is what the keypad shows as the error code.

Motor Fault (0x 1)
    Drive 1 (XA)
    Drive 1
    Axis
    0|3000_545_3422_XA
    Count 19: Drive is OK
    Safety Stop Basis:
    Bus Voltage exceeded.
    Possible root causes Bus DC high.
    Regen circuit bad.
    IPC wired wrong

Now, this only happen while the machine is running a g-code; otherwise, we can move it along the 3 axis for as long as we want and it works just fine.
    When this error happens, the gantry kicks very badly and comes out of alignment, so we have to re-square it every single time.

Yesterday, we tried running it again after checking the voltage in the main line; it cut 4 sheets; and then it stopped and sent this message;

Motor Fault (0x 3) H6 Drive 1 (XA)Drive 1
    Axis 0|3000_545_3422_Y

Safety stops basis:
    Bus Voltage exceeded.
    Regen circuit bad.
    IPC wired wrong

Now there were 2 drivers sending this code, and when I checked the drivers, they were not flickering as the rest of the drivers.

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this problem I'm having.

thank you.

Default Re: Multicam 3000 - Motor Fault | Count 19

try swapping the xa and xb motors, you'll have to square the gantry, does the problem follow the motor?

Downloads
    Uploads

the fact that your gantry gets "kicked out of square" makes me want to believe that the nuts that hold your horizontal gantry to the vertical pillars of your Xa&Xb motors are loose/missing. I say this because I found a bolt on the ground next to my machine a few years back, and apparently after 20yrs of running they had worked themselves loose.

These bolts are accessible by removing the sidecovers over the Xa/Xb motors and they're just above them securing their frame to the horizontal gantry.

You might be running fine one second, but just enough resistance against the system and BAM, the gantry WILL shift at either end. ...shift it enough, and the xa/xb drive motors start resisting and overwork their control boards until they heat-up and throw a failure.

follow the steps to resquare gantry and throw some red loctite on those bolts so you can go back to workin' your machine for the next decade.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MQuintero View Post
    Hello everybody,

I've been having an issue with my Multicam 3000, this is what the keypad shows as the error code.

Motor Fault (0x 1)
    Drive 1 (XA)
    Drive 1
    Axis
    0|3000_545_3422_XA
    Safety Stop Basis:
    Bus Voltage exceeded.
    Regen circuit bad.
    IPC wired wrong

Now, this only happen while the machine is running a g-code; otherwise, we can move it along the 3 axis for as long as we want and it works just fine.
    When this error happens, the gantry kicks very badly and comes out of alignment, so we have to re-square it every single time.

Yesterday, we tried running it again after checking the voltage in the main line; it cut 4 sheets; and then it stopped and sent this message;

Motor Fault (0x 3) H6 Drive 1 (XA)Drive 1
    Axis 0|3000_545_3422_Y

Safety stops basis:
    Bus Voltage exceeded.
    Regen circuit bad.
    IPC wired wrong

Now there were 2 drivers sending this code, and when I checked the drivers, they were not flickering as the rest of the drivers.

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this problem I'm having.

thank you.
    We have the same problem when we just moved to new location which has higher voltage power supply around 250 v go into the router. The tech guy set the jumper into proper power supply around 212v on onboard transformer and everything works fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everybody,

Apprecciate much the response from all of you; and sorry about the delay in answering back. We are still struggling with this error in the XA. Now, It had worked fine for at least 2 months; and just started happening again; so we are getting a transformer to set the Voltage at 208, hopefully that will fix it.
    I'm going to keep you all posted when we finally get it fixed so that it works as a future reference for the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

At first, we thought this was the problem; and we changed bolts and washers. Re-squared the gantry, set up the motors and after two or 3 runs, it would fail again. It is good tho that we change all the nuts every once in while to make sure they are not over-worked and get loose or snap.
    Apprecciate your response good Sir, and once we stabilize voltage to 208V I'll post a new reply to let you'll know if it worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro View Post
    the fact that your gantry gets "kicked out of square" makes me want to believe that the nuts that hold your horizontal gantry to the vertical pillars of your Xa&Xb motors are loose/missing. I say this because I found a bolt on the ground next to my machine a few years back, and apparently after 20yrs of running they had worked themselves loose.

These bolts are accessible by removing the sidecovers over the Xa/Xb motors and they're just above them securing their frame to the horizontal gantry.

You might be running fine one second, but just enough resistance against the system and BAM, the gantry WILL shift at either end. ...shift it enough, and the xa/xb drive motors start resisting and overwork their control boards until they heat-up and throw a failure.

follow the steps to resquare gantry and throw some red loctite on those bolts so you can go back to workin' your machine for the next decade.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again,

Quick question, could anyone recommend me a type and caliber of washer for the gantry's screws? I have used steel but it seems to wear out in matter of weeks. Where I live is very hard to find any special washer so i guess I will have to order, but I'd like to make sure that I get the correct type.

Apprecciate the help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike03857 View Post
    try swapping the xa and xb motors, you'll have to square the gantry, does the problem follow the motor?
    Hello, thank you for your response. I swap them, and the problem is still on the same XA motor. would you think it might be the XA Drive that is not programmed correctly? We change it a while ago because it wasn't working, and we even changed the XA and XB wires a few months back.