New Mori owner, few questions - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: New Mori owner, few questions

Downloads
    Uploads

yea ok, all the parameters were fine. It was teraterm that sucks....

Installed Cimco and it sent it over with no drama.

Thanks a ton guys! Getting closer and closer

Any tips on that ATC?

Any clue what it would cost to have that serviced?

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to share,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84OJc7Lo2uk&list=UUJeLwVSHXiwKvwuSKtBL5iA& index=1&feature=plcp]Machining m46 bellhousings for t5 adapter plates - YouTube

ATC still doesn't work

Downloads
    Uploads

If I would have known you were going through all that work to modify a Volvo i wouldn't have helped

Mike says hi.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    If I would have known you were going through all that work to modify a Volvo i wouldn't have helped

Mike says hi.

hehe. yep

2/3 coolant nozzles on the spindle were clogged. Took the cover off and found the flux capacitor gear box. That thing is sweet!

used some compressed air and shot back and forth from the coolant outlets to where they shoot into the distro box and got some nice metal chips out of there.

Now all coolant hoses are fully throttle spraying.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update time,

Finally pulled the atc semi apart and pulled out the failed bearing. Whats the proper name for these guys?

Pulled some numbers from the bearing, atleast what i could read. Some of its pretty scratched up.

NTN bearing KRV 2211 2VI

Google finds that as a cam following bearing

WD Cam Follower | KRV Cam Followers | WD Bearing Group -> Bearings for Material Handling System

The threaded portion is broken off in the arm so that is gonna have to get drilled and hopefully EZ-outed.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Mori owner, few questions-mori_bearingfail-jpg   New Mori owner, few questions-mori_shaftdown-jpg  
    Last edited by blkaplan; 03-17-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mori calls that a cam bearing. It's metric, but im sure alworld can get them.

Downloads
    Uploads

pics of the part where the bearing came from

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Mori owner, few questions-mori-008-jpg   New Mori owner, few questions-broken-stud-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like the elevating arm. Check that hole, looks wobbled out. That is the original style atc, don't see too many of those. That arm lifts the atc arm up and down as it swings. Broken bearing there means the arm would be too low and smack under the tool flange.

Downloads
    Uploads

Elevating arm is a logical name for that part, hence forth I will call it the elevating arm!

Your observation is correct in the fact that the hole has been elongated. On the axis it doesn't have motion it measures 10.02 mm, on the axis it has been worn abit. At the top it measures 10.3 mm

The top surface has also been raised up a bit.

I would think having that bearing fit correctly in that bore would keep it from getting snapped away at the threads.

Whats the best way forward, machine the bore on the arm larger and press in steel a bushing or perhaps finding a bearing with a larger shoulder that has the same 22m base?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sometimes very tough to find a larger arbor bearing. I have had customers sleeve it before. Order the bearing first, sleeve to fit. Should fit pretty snug. Light interference fit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sometimes very tough to find a larger arbor bearing. I have had customers sleeve it before. Order the bearing first, sleeve to fit. Should fit pretty snug. Light interference fit.
    yep, i think thats going to be my plan.

I will get one of those bearings ordered. machine out the old stud and just machine shoulder in the arm centered as best I can on the old hole... Then press fit a new bushing in the oversized hole.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update!!!

I got the old bearing out of the arm... apparently i never bothered flipping it over because i would seen the locking set screw on the back side. I loosened that, and then a small drill and ezout was used and it spun right out of the threads with no drama. I ended up taking a file to the top mounting surface of linkage it to make it flat and cranked down the bearing. I hope it will be fine.

Reassembled the ATC and WALLA TOOOOOOL CHANGES!!!!

Very happy to see my tool changer becoming populated with all different types of endmills and chucks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Time for another update, I have been machining a few parts and I am pretty happy with the machine. I can send files to it with no problems.

It only has ~17kb of memory, is there a parameter I can change so i can unlock more memory?

Also because it has limited memory I tried to put it in Terminal mode to drip feed and it seems to be working ok (ie the program starts it buffers the program and the machine starts cutting its program). After its been cutting for a little bit I get a buffer overflow error.

It seems like the computer is sending too much data ahead of time before the mill is ready for it. Any advice on that? It would be awesome to be able to drip feed my larger programs!

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, after some searching around I found that the Fanuc 10m stuff has problems with the normal windows buffer settings in the control panel. Disabling FIFO and reducing the packet size fixed my drip feed issues and now I can drip feed succesfully.

Now I just have to stop fragging endmills

Downloads
    Uploads

time for an update.

here are some pics of a few of the parts i have made

Ive been making all types of progress with the machine. I got drip feeding to work. Also got rigid tapping to work.

Did some 4140 PH machining. that was pretty scary but the machine did pretty well. The cracked taper doesn't seem to be slowing me down much.

Thanks again guys!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Mori owner, few questions-202415_10150965583097857_1185119512_o-jpg   New Mori owner, few questions-329383_10150982129752857_1100056109_o-jpg   New Mori owner, few questions-460906_10151222520642857_434332571_o-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Those look an awful lot like rear axle adapters...

Downloads
    Uploads

Those look an awful lot like rear axle adapters...
    Those are all parts for strut mounts.

These are rear axle adapters...

and yes i know i am making lathe parts in a mill. Hopefully i can score a cnc lathe sometime soon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345