Looking for a CNC/CAM/CAD Apprenticeship (SF BAY AREA)

Thread: Looking for a CNC/CAM/CAD Apprenticeship (SF BAY AREA)

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Looking for a CNC/CAM/CAD Apprenticeship (SF BAY AREA)

I am a fine artist with heavy interest in CNC, additive manufacturing, and other digital fabrication processes. I am looking to be an apprentice in your shop and contribute the skills I have obtained through school. If you have a shop in San Francisco or the East bay and are in need of an extra hand or would like someone to work for you please contact me.

My resume with contact info can be found at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v0jgj1sdc...ber%202012.pdf

A general cover letter in which you can know more about me can be found at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq79tw6wrx...tter%20CNC.pdf

Thank you for your consideration.

Best,

Matthew Endler

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

The above links do not work..

Here is my Resume and my Cover Letter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default walk before you run!

i am not in your area, and i do not know your background. however the problem i find with people is everone wants to start on a cnc! it just dosn't work that way. you need the basics how to run a mill,lathe,saws,grinders, too have a complete understanding of how to make parts! there is so much more to it then just the computer.setup is 90% of a good part. you could be the best programer going and if you dont know how to make a good fixture or setup,then your program is for nothing. so with that said, i wish you the best.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by highgear05 View Post
    i am not in your area, and i do not know your background. however the problem i find with people is everone wants to start on a cnc! it just dosn't work that way. you need the basics how to run a mill,lathe,saws,grinders, too have a complete understanding of how to make parts! there is so much more to it then just the computer.setup is 90% of a good part. you could be the best programer going and if you dont know how to make a good fixture or setup,then your program is for nothing. so with that said, i wish you the best.
    Thanks for your input and good wishes! With my craft background, I have working knowledge of and/or capacity for growth for all the processes you just described plus a lot more. If you happen to have any referrals to my area I'd be very grateful.

Best regards,

Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads

bump