Citizen - Cincom M20 Gabg Live Tool Spindle No Rotation and No Alarm

Thread: Citizen - Cincom M20 Gabg Live Tool Spindle No Rotation and No Alarm

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Citizen - Cincom M20 Gabg Live Tool Spindle No Rotation and No Alarm

I have been running a program on my M20 for sometime without issues, but recently I shut the machine down and started it the next day and the gang live tool spindle is not rotating. About a minute into the program, I normally hear the spindle start, but noticed on the first part of the day that it didn't. I went over to the machine and noticed the X and Y axis both functioning but no rotation so I stopped it before it crashed. The machine never showed any kind of alarm.

I switched over to manual mode and tried to get the live axis spindle to come on at like 2000 rpm, but it will not spin. The screen reads "2000" like the machine thinks it is on. I shutoff the spindle and the machine reads "0". With the spindle instructed to be on, I took some voltage readings across the 3 legs on the spindle motor. I get no reading at all across each leg, but if I measure to ground it reads about 30 volts. I get the 30 volt reading no matter what RPM I tell it to run, even when it is supposed to be 0 rpm. Main spindle and back spindle appear to be working fine.

I checked voltage to the main breaker and each leg L1-L2, L1-L3, L2-L3 reads about 230 volts. There is a thermal breaker for this spindle and it is not tripped.

That leaves the inverter or drive and I don't really know how to diagnose those. Any suggestions would be appreciated.