Machine beeps, then freezes

Thread: Machine beeps, then freezes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machine beeps, then freezes

I am running a TMP1, and just recently it started something odd. I was in the manual mode, trying to face a surface, and all the sudden the machine will beep (the sound it makes when pressing a key), then the buttons will total freeze, meaning I cannot press any of them. The only way to get out of this was to reboot the system. Then after running again, it does the same thing. This just started to do it more than once today, but it has done it randomly in the past. Any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

which software version does it have and what screen does it have the standard or the new 15 inch one

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Like Daleman, i would like to know the software version of your machine. I have seen this, once before. It was extremly intermittent and hard to find out the root cause.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haas has cited poor grounding to the hand-jog wheel to be the cause of the control locking up. If you put a ground wire from the handjog wheel to the pendant, you should be set.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It has a 15" screen (about 14.5 or so cross). The problem hasn't occured in the last day. I also noticed it was happening when I was getting to the outer bounds of my x-y limits. Not sure if it's an encoder issue, but I get not alarms. just total freeze.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

do you know which sofware the machine has installed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

M15.03D

Downloads
    Uploads

We had the same problem but only when we went to insert a USB key in the port. I suspect a grounding issue as this occurs when the metal from the key touches the metal housing of the port. I informed HAAS about the problem but like was said before this is very intermittent. Our machine is a July 2007 with the large screen. Knock on wood, we have not had this occur in quite a while.

Jeff Lange
    Lightning Tool & Manufacturing, Inc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HaasTech83 View Post
    Haas has cited poor grounding to the hand-jog wheel to be the cause of the control locking up. If you put a ground wire from the handjog wheel to the pendant, you should be set.
    Can you be more specific on where the ground wire goes from the wheel to the pendant ground? I'm other words, how to.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a similar issue with my 2008 TM1P. It beeped continuously in the middle of operation and froze the keyboard but finished the operation all the way. I had to turn it off and on to reboot the machine. It was okay for a few days and doing it again. Eventually it was doing that daily. Then the monitor went black and would not turn back on some times. When it wasn’t turning on, it was just continuously beeping softly.

My issue turned out to be the bad wire harness connection inside the monitor case. I jiggled and pushed it all the way and no more issues. It’s been two months and no problem. Not sure exactly but I think that harness supplies power to the monitor and the keyboard. See attached photos and try it.

Hope this helps!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Machine beeps, then freezes-img_6479-jpg   Machine beeps, then freezes-img_6478-jpg