HAAS Desktop Mill

Thread: HAAS Desktop Mill

Default HAAS Desktop Mill

Hi,
    I don’t see many people discussing Haas Desktop Mill, anyone willing to share their experience?
    I’m planning to buy one of this Desktop Milling machine and contacted my local HFO, he said that this type of machines usually are provided to educational purposes, I’m hoping that this machine are available for end users!
    The moment I saw Haas Desktop Mill first thing came to my mind was to convert my current hobbyist cnc controller to a Haas controller? Has anyone done that?

Cheerio!

Similar Threads:

Default Re: HAAS Desktop Mill

it used to cost 6 or 7 grand some time ago I think, you want to get it just to use haas software? because the machine is a $500 router that you can get on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by ardenum2 View Post
    it used to cost 6 or 7 grand some time ago I think, you want to get it just to use haas software? because the machine is a $500 router that you can get on ebay
    Yes, I want to learn Haas system and the cheapest way is to buy this Haas Desktop Mill and I’m also thinking of upgrading my cyclematic lathes LNC controller to Haas controller, has anyone upgraded to Haas controller by themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by ardenum2 View Post
    My local HFO replied that is only for educational only suggested me to buy a CM1…
    I have been looking at used Haas CM1 and OM-2A online the price is between 50,000~90,000usd which is quite high, but even if I buy a used CM1 or any Haas machine where am I going to get support from? Here?