Can I buy a HAAS from a different HFO? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I buy a HAAS from a different HFO?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can I buy a HAAS from a different HFO?

Yes they have lost me as a customer. Do not like being referred to as a liar and a thief just because I live in Florida, actually quite amazed they would employ such a rude arrogant person as a representative. Pretty telling when you are assured both the HFO manager and a rep from HAAS corporate will contact you the same day and you hear nothing for 5 months. I think its quite interesting a company convicted of tax evasion and ITAR violations would have the balls to refer to an entire state as being full of nothing but liars and crooks, while actively lying to a customer trying to hand them cash. 56 years old and still the most off putting experience of my career

Downloads
    Uploads

It seems like a modern day business model among most industries . Who cares about the customer , there will always be another one right behind .
    Haas price point is what makes them desirable but there are so many better machines out there . I hope you find something that will suit your needs

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum View Post
    Yes they have lost me as a customer. Do not like being referred to as a liar and a thief just because I live in Florida, actually quite amazed they would employ such a rude arrogant person as a representative. Pretty telling when you are assured both the HFO manager and a rep from HAAS corporate will contact you the same day and you hear nothing for 5 months.
    I am absolutely not excusing what has happened to you. In fact, I read this whole thread because I'm looking to move and the local HFO weighs heavily into my relocation decisions. I can cross Florida off my list. Thank you.

But to be clear: the factory outlets are not at all tied to Haas. This is like having a problem with your Ford truck and your local Ford dealer. The salesman you talk to inside the showroom, their manager and the owner(s) of the dealership are not controlled by Ford. Maybe they if they get enough complaints, they might lose their dealership arrangement but, that's a legal nightmare and not likely.

To make matters worse, some of the HFOs assign territories to particular sales people. If you have a lazy, dumb, dishonest or just don't-like sales rep assigned to your area, the entire ownership experience can go sour and there isn't anything you can do. You can't 'fire your sales person' short of going to a different brand. That may not work either because the HFO is very possibly owned by a multi-brand machinery seller.

It could go this way with service as well. They might also have a remote service tech for "your area" with a lightly stocked van and tools. That's the person you'll get every time you have a problem, unless they send another van from the mothership. Be kind to your service people. You never know when you'll need them.

It's important to build and maintain a positive relationship with these people because they are your advocates when something is needed or goes wrong. I've been extraordinarily lucky with both sales and service people but, I can also see how it could go very wrong and leave a business hanging.

I have nothing to suggest with your current situation, except wanting to explain how it works so you understand the rules you're playing within.

Greg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12