5 Axis Rotery Head Home Cnc Router - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Axis Rotery Head Home Cnc Router

Downloads
    Uploads

I do have new servo motors from Poly-Sci. I pass most of the savings on to my customers. You can't believe how much they want for the same motors in small quantities. If you buy just one from the factory it's a little over $300 !!!!

Still you can get DC motors from ebay for less. You will have to find encoders and such, but that's not to hard.

I don't carry the Gecko drives. I don't think Mariss has dealer discounts so buying them from him is the same as anywhere else.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think Mariss has dealer discounts so buying them from him is the same as anywhere else.
    I wonder about this. I believe that I have a catalog (my memory gets fuzzy) that has what I believe to be gecko drives sold under another name at gouging prices. Someone can correct me if I am wrong (I will look for the catalog). It is all marketing. The catalog that I am talking about had about 5 or so drive systems and I believe that they manufactured none of them(while obviously trying to hide this fact).
    I found It! Do a search for the MicroKinetics DM 8007 Motor Driver. Very interesting!

It seems that this drive may be no longer available at their website.

I like geckodrive and *know* that they are great business people (and EXTREMELY helpful). However, I do dislike selling the same product at different prices to different people (somewhat verboten, at least in my book). I know that this is a gross oversimplification and that I could be totally wrong (please let me know if I am and I will apologize), but it concerns me. But then again, business is business, money is money, but then yet again, people are people. Perhaps this is not an issue anymore (if it ever was).
    Just curious (as always),
    Jason

Last edited by Verboten; 09-18-2003 at 12:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

When Mariss was first selling his Gecko drives he did have a dealer selling structure setup. Later he changed his mind (from what I remember) and now he does not sell his drives do dealers to re-market. I think some people still have a stock of the older drives around and I do believe they are only the stepper ones.
    Way back when I was doing my first CNC conversion on my Enco mill/drill I just first heard of the Gecko drives. I was looking for the G320 drive and went to a what I thought was the Gecko drive site. I went to geckodrives.com , not geckodrive.com. Notice the 'S' at the end of the first one.

This took me to a site that for all intent looked like I was at the manufactures site, but I could not find the G320. This site was selling only the stepper G201/210 drives. When I asked about this on the CAD_CAM_EDM site I got a reply back from some guy that could not believe someone was posing as the factory. He just verbally beat this guy up to no end.

Now if you go to www.geckodrives.com you will be going to the same site as www.geckodrive.com. Mariss must have purchased the domain. Maybe this is one reason why there are no dealers anymore

Last edited by HomeCNC; 09-18-2003 at 12:41 PM.
    Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12