collets off from amazon

Thread: collets off from amazon

Default collets off from amazon

Hello everyone, I am wondering from precise bits there is upgrade option to ER style collets. However I am wondering if I can just purchase the nut and spanner wrench from them for my Bosch 1617EVS, then purchase ER20 collets off from amazon?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: collets off from amazon

No.
    Precise Bits "ER Style" collets are not actual ER collets. ER20 collets will not fit.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I got a set off Amazon and they are just ok, but borderline "Junk". I then purchased ones that were $15 each and I can not remember the name, but the difference is Day & Night.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I got a set off Amazon and they are just ok, but borderline "Junk". I then purchased ones that were $15 each and I can not remember the name, but the difference is Day & Night.

Having a senior moment, Bill?
    Techniks brand.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Yup and another Birthday coming up very soon. The Amazon ones I struggled to get bits and out of and yes they were inch sized. The Techniks, easy in , easy out, a joy to work with.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

My personal opinion is that Amazon is the wrong place to be searching for collets if you don’t know the vendor and the supplier they are using. The reason here is simple, there is a lot of crap available through Amazon. Combine that with the idea that collets are pretty critical to getting good results out of your machine I’d highly suggest shopping carefully. If you do go Amazon verify that vendor supplies quality stuff first. The quality varies so widely that you can’t assume you will get your money’s worth.

Frankly if I was on a budget I’d look towards buying a single collet at a time from a reputable supplier to industry. A decent supplier will also uplift the product and if required accept returns for defective items.

As for Precise Bits I have no idea as I haven’t used their stuff. Generally if you want to use ER collets it is best to buy a spindle supporting those collets.