ortza Dart 815 any user?? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ortza Dart 815 any user??

Downloads
    Uploads

By the way, my Dart is rigged differently to your Biesse in that all my I/O comes back to the cabinet, so I don't have to think about serial comms to the sensors. But once inside the cab, they are all wired into I/O boards that seem to be some (2 wire, I think) serial bus variant- it would make the installation really simple if I could use modbus from Mach to read/write to these boards!- all I'd have to do is work out what numbers all the switches were, and just hook up the drive and encoder connections ... Have you used modbus with Mach?

Downloads
    Uploads

dont let me put you off any program that may cost you thousands and may or may not work...lol
    in sheetcam post i used drills as tool numbers 100 plus drill number set for correct size in sheetcam. checked if drill was over 100 if it was subtract 100 (to give drill head number) and call drill cycle g99.
    for horizontal drilling draw 0.1 , 0.2. o.3 or 0.4 diameter hole on board edge(which wouldnt exist as real drills on my machine) depending on side to be bored. call relevant drill cycle!
    it works brill.

re mach. i have 30 vertical 10 horizontal to program.
    i will use the same sort of setup but each tool size will call a different m code.
    this will be easier to set sheetcam to do. (i have yet to write a post for vectric vcarve but im sure it wont be too hard)

eg. m1601 will be drill 1 m1602 drill2 etc (that way i can offset the drill from original toolpath etc, set offsets and do correct cycle for that drill (vertical or side 1 2 3 or4 etc. set whatever rpm ie for bigger bits need to go slower?

i should have the 335 moving on sunday . have to go deliver one of my fantastic pool tables in london tomorrow . darn work is getting in the way of fun.

what plasma source does the burny have? i have hypertherm 1000.
    ive had to dismantle mine for the moment as the 335 has used up all my space. (not many people with 2 5 tonne cncs in their garage i bet!)
    bet theres not many people that use diesel to run all their machinery either! the joys of living on a mountain.

UCCNC powered uk machine sales
    https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

havnt used modbus yet. however may have to for the amount of i/o i want as i can only get 80 out of the galil.(ideally require about 125) i was thinking about strobing the drill head outputs so i could get 64 outputs from 16 galil outputs. but i havnt tried this yet. it works well on pinballs and fruit machines so i dont see why not.

otherwise i will use galil rio units.

the 335 has all the outputs back to the cabinet too so i just have to use 2803a chips to give me half amp drive power for the existing relay output cards

ive spent 2 days working out what everything does! i want the whole conversion to be a "piggy back" conversion leaving everything intact so it can run on original control too (so when i start selling the conversion it all just plugs in but if there are any problems the control can be re run from original in under 15 minutes)
    some of the original relay logic has taken a bit of working out. but it works well and is proven so ive decided to keep it in the conversion

and as a bonus i fixed the original control today so it will be up for sale to one of the 3rd world countries. lol

Downloads
    Uploads

My plasma table came with a hypertherm max100 (massive Hf start brute) but I recently took a punt on a powermax 800 on eBay that had a machine torch but the torch was cut off- I was expecting it to be scrap, but I rewired the torch and it's been running every day for a couple of weeks no prob- not bad for 200 quid. I got some finecut consumables for it.

Pop in for a cuppa if you're in London anytime, I'll even supply biscuits if I get some Mach info out of you..

G and M codes are over my head at the moment, I've never needed to go there. Guess that'll change soon. I like the holes on the edge idea- how do you program the height of the hole below the sheet surface?

Also, my machine controls (controlled..) the vac pods via software- each one has a solenoid valve- what do you do with yours? Are they all connected to the pump, and use those little ball-valve things in the top surface?

Downloads
    Uploads

re sheetcam. les has my first biesse post (without horizontal and saw) or i can send it to you if you need to see whats edited.

but if your going mach, il have everything you need within a month as i iron out any problems etc and test.

you need to get the dart moving even if its only off the 1750 with only 16 outputs.

do you have breakout board and cables?

Downloads
    Uploads

the biesse sets holes at half panel height by default in fixed cycle. (easy to change in code as theres never many horizontal holes. and its only really for dowelling in edge of 18mm board so its always centre anyway!

pm me your address/contact number/email
    im off to bed. early start again and ive run out of beer (cnc brain lubricant)

the m codes are quite easy to write. a new info sheet has just been released today.
    http://machsupport.com/docs/Mach3_V3...o_Prog_Ref.pdf
    if you cant sleep?

Downloads
    Uploads

No, i/o for the galil is the next thing- I wasn't sure whether to just get a 1900 terminal board, or the fancy Ethernet modular things. It'd all have to be eBay prices though, so I guess it'll be whatever comes along. I assume you just used the terminal strip, if you then added 2803s. I use them all the time, they're great. And MUCH cheaper than galil modules, I bet..

Downloads
    Uploads

you will need an icm 1900 or 2900. and also the lead!!! (you wont find the 100 pin plugs anywhere. i searched for over a month here and states)
    i sourced a few of these from the states and malasia. annoyingly i could only find 2 leads so if i want more it will be at $125 each plus shipping.
    (i have 4 icm1904 with built in amps in stock, these are like rocking horse poop)

i was also lucky enough to find an iom1964 to wire nicely 64 i/o extended to, this took nearly a year to find on ebay...lol although i believe there are opto22 /greyhill interface cards also available but you would still need the lead etc.
    the 1964 only has 16 high power outputs 500ma, the rest are 20ma so need boosting with 2803a etc. to give me 500ma relay driver.
    if your going to try to make one up use ac input optos!

without the right icm the wiring is going to be a birds nest.
    ive made up 15 interface cables to my i/o cards with the right plugs etc so i should be able to wire this lot nice and easy/tidy now! (leaving the original ribbons hanging in case the piggy back needs reversing in future)

the only problem you have at the moment is your controller (1750) doesnt have the extended i/o so you have a max of 16 in 16 out unless you get the daughter board for it (if you find some i want 4 for mine :-)

for the biesse 335 im using galil 2280 8 axis ethernet controller (these are the easiest to set up etc)
    2 off icm1900 plus 100 pin leads
    1 off iom1964 for extended i/o

nobody could say a good conversion was cheap. lol

Downloads
    Uploads

today I just bought an IOM 1964 (with cable!) and an ICM 1900 off ebay for a shade over a hundred quid each. Hopefully that'll be my I/O sorted now...

Can I operate the 1964 from Mach (with the 1750 card without the daughterboard)?

Downloads
    Uploads

you b"""""rd
    that was put on for me to buy!
    you bought it at 6.55.
    i had emailed the guy on the weekend to get him to put it on...lol

it wont work with your 1750 card though as it doesnt have extended i/o unless you get the daughterboard

i got my other one from him
    youl probably find it has no opto isolators in most of the banks.

got the 335 up and moving about an hour ago!
    if i clear some space around it i might have it cutting tomorrow!

Downloads
    Uploads

ask the malasian guy if he has a daughterboard for 1750
    otherwise look for a 2140 to 2180 or 2240 to 2280 ethernet controller.
    the malasia guy will have one of these. he did have a few a while back.
    get them packed together.

you will be amazed how smooth these things make the motion!
    youl also be amazed at how long it takes to put a few wires in and check everything, even before you start the programming...lol

annoyingly i have to move 2 workbenches full of stuff from behind my machine tonight just to play more!

pm me your tel number.

Downloads
    Uploads

er... oops?

it'd been on for 11 hours!

do you really need another one, or was it for stock..?

I did read somewhere that the daughterboards need to be specified on the original order and factory fitted by Galil, is this true? I made an offer to the Malaysian guy a few weeks back on a 1770 with two I/O units, but he sold the I/O (probably to you!) before getting back to me.

I've asked him about the other 21xx/22xx controllers, I'll see what he says.

I'll pm you my number, unless it's to shout abuse at me re. the 1964...

good luck with the moving, maybe you should just clamp a length of wood to the biesse gantry and get it to clear the benches for you?.. it'd be really quick.

Downloads
    Uploads

2 tips:

set te*=1 before you start
    set oe=1

and dont use servo reverse in plugin after you have set everything up! scary...lol. almost used the rear cable chain instead of the plank to do the same job!

i believe daughter board just plugs in (if you can find one)

re 1964. it was to convert my other one! im not sure what galil have as a replacement for these as they are on the obsolete list.

just spent 2 hours tuning the motors on the 335

i think the guy in the states, converting a busselato had the other icms.

Downloads
    Uploads

was it you??????? grrrrrrrrr
    just got up to find an email saying another 1964 was listed for me
    and its sold
    grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    lol

he has put a 2160 on for you?

Downloads
    Uploads

Just the one 1964 for me, but I did get a 2160, although the 2900 he listed for me at the same time was nabbed by someone else while I had an offer pending (that's the second time it's happened to me- he puts 'make offer' buttons on his listings, but takes so long to respond to the offer someone else does a buy-it-now!) Got the 2160 for £370 though, so not too bad. I guess having just the one 1900 means I can only connect 4 axes for now, but that might be enough anyway, unless I need to add encoders for MPGs or a spindle encoder?? Hopefully I'll get some time soon to start hooking it all up...

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

one is enough. if you can get away with 8 i/o on 1900 and 64 on 1964
    i have some here if you want more but no cables spare

the 1900 is better as it has aux encoder too. dont think the 2900 does? you can use these for your mpgs.

someone is spying this thread and getting there before us. lol show your face spy!

glad i had the error control on.. just run a drill block into the back of the machine. could have been a disaster.lol (didnt have air on and overidden the air switch)
    i hope you have a really big compressor. these things eat air. my hydrovane works fine but the smaller single phase one just cant keep up.

Downloads
    Uploads

What's error control?

I'm running a hydrovane at the moment, but it sometimes struggles- I bought an air-fed mask for the spray booth the other day and it couldn't run the spray gun and the mask together, which I was surprised about. I've got a 60cfm ingersoll with dryer half plumbed in, so that's another job to finish....

Lots of my i/o (24 lines) runs to solenoid valves that turn on the vacuum pods depending on the area defined by the part in software (well I'm assuming that's what happens- I haven't got the manual yet.) Does yours do this? I'm thinking about making a little control panel with an 8x3 grid of illuminated buttons for
    selecting pods.

Do you use soft limits in Mach?

the manual yet)

Downloads
    Uploads

the old biesse use 2 zone vacuum, depending on part x length. (press down ball valves on pods )

the switch matrix is a better idea than software as its way quicker to set than trying to program etc. how long does it take to flick a few switches!
    i would still use the pedal to activate those switched on though!

the error control is set in galil so if servo errors by say half a motor turn it estops. (better than ripping the end off the machine as the guy in usa did when he had a runaway. it can be set at as many encoder pulses as you like.

i finally worked out what all the safety relays did tonight. relay logic is a pain but works great when you understand what its designed to do. A real pain when you dont have a diagram.
    im making the conversion so the machine operates almost identical to original biesse but with an up to date control. its caused a lot of head scratching and "blue air" today. But now its running safe etc with all safetys back in place apart from the front opto eyes as i sometimes need to check work close up when working. (yeah i know!)
    sort the compressor. trust me you will need it

hope the 1964 has all the optoisolators as rs only had 6 in stock and ive had them! long wait for more too. means i cant get all outputs going for a while

Downloads
    Uploads

your first job is writing down every single input/ output, where they come from/ go to. what switches them, what else they switch and writing down the wire numbers. lol. have fun. it took me 2 days!

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, i'll try to get that done whilst waiting for the galil to arrive. I do have a full wiring diagram for my exact machine (my serial number on the manufacturer's drawings), so that'll probably come in handy if I get stuck. Most of it looks straightforward (limits etc), but there are a few sensors attached halfway up pneumatic rams etc, so I'll still have a bit of head scratching to do. I also need to wait for the manual so I know what the switches and buttons are meant to do... I didn't even know for sure that the pedals were for the vacuum until you mentioned it!

Did you still use the vacuum and air pressure sensors? Did you connect these into the normal e-stop circuit to trigger a Mach e-stop?

I also spend a lot of time with my ear rubbing on the spindle motor of my other router to keep an eye on things, and often hold parts down with my fingers as the cut finishes, to stop it flying out... Maybe have to put a secret light beam bypass switch somewhere...

My machine seems to use one of those off-the-shelf Pilz DIN rail mounted all-in-one machine safety units, but there are plenty of relays and contactors too. I'll let you know how I get on, if you haven't decapitated yourself by then.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast