GRBL Alignment Problem

Thread: GRBL Alignment Problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default GRBL Alignment Problem

Hello all,

after I decided to build a DIY CNC router ~95x85x25cm work area from 8x16cm aluminum extrusions around xmas, it now took a while (i wanted to design it by myself and also write the software for it), but it started to work 1 1/2 weeks ago (at least x and y). I did a makeshift z axis from a servo and a 3D printed pen holder and it worked great. As I still wait for parts/have more things to plan for the z axis, I also bought a 10W laser last weekend and this is also fun (after I build a smoke removal system at least...

But now I ran into a problem and I can not find an answer. When my laser engravements came out completely out of alignment, at first I just blamed my fresh written software (an interpreter for Python enriched G-Code with G-Code sender). But soon I found out its all software for nearly all g-codes (Image 1). I have some Inkscape generated g-codes (no R2/R3 codes?!, Image 3), that work fine in GSender, LaserGRBL and also my software, but most G-Codes (mainly generated with LaserGRBL but also simple hand written ones) show all the same error. Mainly while G0 moves the router looks like to loose track and while the parts are more or less ok, the relation to each other is completely off (like you move the piece by hand a random bit while every g0 move).

And now the strange thing: its not lost steps, slip or anything hardware related, the few g-codes that work, do so also perfectly with speeds like 1500mm/min feed rate in grbl and all the bad g-codes are bad also with very slow speeds. And all this chaos generating files suddenly are working fine, if I switch back to Estlcam (thats what i started with). Image 2 is generated from the exact same simple GCode as Image 1. I hope someone can point me to what I am missing here...

Thanks and
    Best Regards
    Fräsi

P.S. These are my current GRBL settings (please ignore the strange z axis setting, its for my servo "z axis"):

"$0": "10", // Step pulse, microseconds
    "$1": "100", // Step idle delay, milliseconds
    "$2": "1", // Step port invert, mask
    "$3": "6", // Direction port invert, mask
    "$4": "0", // Step enable invert, boolean
    "$5": "0", // Limit pins invert, boolean
    "$6": "0", // Probe pin invert, boolean
    "$10": "3", // Status report, mask
    "$11": "0.010", // Junction deviation, mm
    "$12": "0.002", // Arc tolerance, mm
    "$13": "0", // Report inches, boolean
    "$20": "0", // Soft limits, boolean