Suggestions for interface to Sanyo-Denki stepper drives?

Thread: Suggestions for interface to Sanyo-Denki stepper drives?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Suggestions for interface to Sanyo-Denki stepper drives?

I picked up the following for $464.95 on eBay.

Contents:
    - Qty 5 - P/N PB4A002P300 SanMotion Closed Loop Stepper Motor Driver (4 working and 1 of unknown condition)
    - Qty 4 Closed loop stepper motor part number PBM862FXK20-M with martin 18XL020 pulleys mounted on output shaft
    - encoder cables and motor cables approx 33 feet long (I only measured one of the four, but I believe they are all the same length)
    - qty 4 line filters

They're step/direction (which Sanyo-Denki calls "pulse train".) drives with matching motors that have a 6 NM peak torque rating. The encoders are 4000 P/R so fine and accurate control should be possible.

Now I need something to go between the drives and the PC I'll be using. I'm leaning towards using LinuxCNC with a Mesa 5I25 and 7I76 combo (would like to use the 7I76E but no Ethernet support in LinuxCNC yet).

Keeping in mind the price of the Mesa hardware ($199 for either the two boards or the one with Ethernet) what else is available? I like the specs of the 7I76, it should have all the connections needed for limit switches, e-stop, lube pump control, spindle on/off/dir etc.

If there's something better, perhaps for a bit more money, especially if it has tricks up its sleeve like being able to take input from rotary encoders and linear scales simultaneously, I'd like to know about it.

Why yes, I *am* cheap when it comes to this stuff. I'm not in a tearing hurry to get this retrofit done, thus I have the 'luxury' of being able to wait for [s]st[/s]deals like what I got on these drives and motors to come along.