Correct Stepper Motor Driver Board Switch Settings

Thread: Correct Stepper Motor Driver Board Switch Settings

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Correct Stepper Motor Driver Board Switch Settings

I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me in deciphering what the switches on my Stepper Motor Driver Board do.

Here is a link to the manual for the driver board:
    LINK: http://blog.pennybuying.com/down/a/A931A.pdf

... and here is a link to the specs of the stepper I would be using it with. The motors came with my Zen Toolworks CNC mill:
    LINK: Nema 23 Stepping Motor - Zen_Toolworks_Wiki

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!!!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok the 3 silver switches labeled sw1,sw2,sw3 select the amount of amps you want to run the steppers at. the legend is the upper right table labled "Current Settings" 0 represents off, and 1 represents on. there fore if you want 1amp sw1 and sw2 will be off and sw3 is on.

on the red switch number 1 and 2 select your torque setting. 100% torque is both 1 and 2 on.

3 and 4 select the microstep mode or "excitation mode". 1/8 microstep is 3 and 4 off.

5 and 6 select the decay mode. 0% Decay is 5 and 6 on.

on the zentoolworks breakout board "com" goes to the "+5v", "step to pul-" and "dir to dir-" on your driver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent! Thanks for the reply. That's starting to make sense now, with it explained that way.

I'm pretty new to CNC altogether, but since I switched from using my parallel port (which I originally purchased through Zen) to now using USB, I have been soooo much happier. Now that I know what the settings are for this board, I think I would probably buy another one just like it. I really dig the controls, and the software has been a ton easier to learn too (in comparison to Mach 3). Thanks again for the reply!!!