Need Help - Z limit switch problem

Thread: Need Help - Z limit switch problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help - Z limit switch problem

Hi,
    My Z limit switch was having problems so I bought a new one, replaced it and rewired it correctly. Now it still does not work, it does light up but it does not stop, it goes past the limit switch area and hits the top. Again the limit switch lights up, but the machine does not stop, so now I can not Home my machine.
    Also, it had this problem which is why I bought the new limit switch, it is the same switch so that is not the issue.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help - Z limit switch problem

Quote Originally Posted by RMiroC View Post
    Hi,
    My Z limit switch was having problems so I bought a new one, replaced it and rewired it correctly. Now it still does not work, it does light up but it does not stop, it goes past the limit switch area and hits the top. Again the limit switch lights up, but the machine does not stop, so now I can not Home my machine.
    Also, it had this problem which is why I bought the new limit switch, it is the same switch so that is not the issue.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks
    What control Software are you using, sounds like a Ports and Pin setting problem or wiring

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I`m using Mach3, any advice appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to add, the machine was working well for a few years, the previous Z limit switch started to be intermittent, so I replaced it and now it is not working correctly, thanks again for any help!

It has the Leadshine MX3660 too

Downloads
    Uploads

I have ran into a similar issue, one of 2 things causeing for me it was heat in the PC (full of Dust) and the second was the begining of my board failing.
    Does it light the led in the diagnostic screen when you pass a screw driver under it?
    is there voltage present on the signal wire at the mx3660? when the light lights and does it go away when the light goes out?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for replying, I just fixed this last night, I had one of the wires in the wrong input, that`s fixed now & everything is 100%, thanks again for your help!