Anyone heard from George? Still no reply...

Thread: Anyone heard from George? Still no reply...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone heard from George? Still no reply...

I heard from george very briefly when I emailed him after he posted the updated address here. I was asking about a new X axis ballscrew as mine sounds TERRIBLE and I really really want to buy a new one right now.... but he made no mention of the ballscrew in his response - i've followed up with him but had no response at all.

Is he really gone for good now? If so, any suggestions on where I can get a new ballscrew for a raptor 24? Im worried if I just measure the length and order one from my hiwin supplier in taiwan that the end machining wont fit the non-standard blocks. At the moment with my production schedule I can't tear down the machine to measure and CAD up the ballscrew to get a quote from china, but I'm getting pretty worried about the ballnut too. Its been getting progressively more clunky and loud and horrible sounding for months now, despite lots and lots of flushing with grease. The Y and Z axis are dead silent, even at over 1000ipm.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone heard from George? Still no reply...

I have not received any replies from George. I was looking to get a new 1610 X axis ball screw for my Raptor as I paid for the 10mm upgrade originally but received a 5mm. At this point it would be nice if he was able to post the CAD drawings of the ball screw machining dimensions and lengths so that those of us with machines can source our own replacement parts. Knowing his source for the ball screws would be convenient as well as there seems to be a lot of Chinese vendors out there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone heard from George? Still no reply...

I ended up pulling mine out - measurements here: Canada CNC Router - Mark H Photo