Microstep Driver JK1545 wiring help!

Thread: Microstep Driver JK1545 wiring help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Microstep Driver JK1545 wiring help!

Hi, I am trying to setup my CNC machine with these JK1545 drivers and I have know idea where to begin.

a+
    a-
    b+
    b- these four I can figure out.

where does the Step and Direction from my usb board go to
    My motors are 370 oz(I think), 3amp, 1.8 - what switch settings do I use?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

On is = 0 off = 1
    Sw= 1 sw2= 1 sw3=0 sw4=1 sw5=0 sw6=1 sw7=1 sw8=0

XZero cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks George, I will try to post some pics soon

Downloads
    Uploads

OK great , like to see. Here is same machine with all same controller as yours except you have usb board

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi George,

I am also trying to figure this out. I understand that on the JK1545 the PUL is for pulses, and the DIR to is for direction, but the I can only find one Step (pulse) output and one Direction output from JP7 on the KFlop board for each axis. Where do the + and - come in to play on the driver (PUL+ PUL-, DIR+ DIR-)? Is the "-" simply tied to ground?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JeffS View Post
    Hi George,

I am also trying to figure this out. I understand that on the JK1545 the PUL is for pulses, and the DIR to is for direction, but the I can only find one Step (pulse) output and one Direction output from JP7 on the KFlop board for each axis. Where do the + and - come in to play on the driver (PUL+ PUL-, DIR+ DIR-)? Is the "-" simply tied to ground?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Yes both - are to ground or to ground on breakout board

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Trying to find KFOLP wiring ? cant find it, Lot of people are using the card and say they are great,
    USB card with 4 drivers i don't think you can find better deal

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi George,

Actually, I learned that grounding the "-" is incorrect. I sent an email to Tom Kerekes of HTH (the company that produces the KFlop) and here is what he told me:

"Hi Jeff,

That link (to the JK1545 drivers) doesn't really include any technical specification. But normally the + pin from the drive is connected to +5V. The - pin from the drive is connected to KFLOP Step or Direction. KFLOP by default drives in "open collector" mode where it basically switches to ground and sinks current turning on the LED in the drive. When KFLOP turns off KFLOP's pin floats up to about 3.85 volts (the pin is diode clamped to the 3.3V supply). There is then less than 1.2V across the LED and it turns off (an LED usually needs at least 1.4V to begin to start turning on)."

As you can see, the "PUL +" and "DIR +" are connected to +5VDC (or +5VDD) on the KFlop, which are pins 23 and 24 of JP7 on the KFlop board. Then the "PUL -" and "DIR -" are connected to the respective axis pins on JP7 of the KFlop board (depending on how you have assigned axis 0, 1, 2, etc. to X, Y, Z, etc.).

I completed this wiring last night and successfully tested all three axis motors using the STEP response function in KMotion, and using the jog funtions in KMotion CNC. My machine is alive!

Now, I have to build an enclosure, install all the electrical components, and wire things up permanently.

By the way, the 50V 14.6A supply, P/N 21C4P3A, from ProtoPlant seems to be working just fine. I'll now more when I start machining, and really stress-testing the system. I'll report back what I learn.

Thanks for your help.
    Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JeffS View Post
    Hi George,

Actually, I learned that grounding the "-" is incorrect. I sent an email to Tom Kerekes of HTH (the company that produces the KFlop) and here is what he told me:

"Hi Jeff,

That link (to the JK1545 drivers) doesn't really include any technical specification. But normally the + pin from the drive is connected to +5V. The - pin from the drive is connected to KFLOP Step or Direction. KFLOP by default drives in "open collector" mode where it basically switches to ground and sinks current turning on the LED in the drive. When KFLOP turns off KFLOP's pin floats up to about 3.85 volts (the pin is diode clamped to the 3.3V supply). There is then less than 1.2V across the LED and it turns off (an LED usually needs at least 1.4V to begin to start turning on)."

As you can see, the "PUL +" and "DIR +" are connected to +5VDC (or +5VDD) on the KFlop, which are pins 23 and 24 of JP7 on the KFlop board. Then the "PUL -" and "DIR -" are connected to the respective axis pins on JP7 of the KFlop board (depending on how you have assigned axis 0, 1, 2, etc. to X, Y, Z, etc.).

I completed this wiring last night and successfully tested all three axis motors using the STEP response function in KMotion, and using the jog funtions in KMotion CNC. My machine is alive!

Now, I have to build an enclosure, install all the electrical components, and wire things up permanently.

By the way, the 50V 14.6A supply, P/N 21C4P3A, from ProtoPlant seems to be working just fine. I'll now more when I start machining, and really stress-testing the system. I'll report back what I learn.

Thanks for your help.
    Jeff
    Sorry wasn't paying attention, was thinking you where talking about enable grounds

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Microstep Driver JK1545 wiring help!

I am curious what is the difference between JK1545 and similiar model from Leadshine DM442.
    Are they the same inside, or close to each other. Or JK1545 is the cost reduction version of leadshine.
    Anyone has some experience?