Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool. Please link them here also.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey George,

Are the bosch colt mounts done? When you
    can ship tabletop and the rest i've paid for already??
    I've emailed you numerous times in the past week and half with no response...please reply.

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know where your emailing ? i never got one email, last email i got was you telling me your going to wait for mount before table top to be send , i told you last email i just send top now and mount when there done?

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Everyone , there is no more of the supported rails machines for sale to new customers, i only have left for people that got already and will not be making more machines

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the supported round rail machine

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

The reason I am not making the supported round rail machine no more is the length of time to put together.
    Every machine has always been different when setting them up, and take so much time to get everyone to work proper.
    It is the strongest of all the machines, but takes 30x longer to get right.
    The machine has been back luck for me from the start, rushed design, changes, parts, mistakes ,hard to reassemble without not damaging the bearings ,
    To work on a machine for 7 straight days on one machine to get all right, then sending machine out not completely paid off
    and getting only 1000 for all your time plus machine and shipping ,because people waiting long for them and just sent them out thinking there like me and pay their debts .
    I still think the supported machines is the best of all of them , but one wrong thing will totally make it a nightmare , just one tighten wrong screw will do it and take forever to find the problem.
    At this time just trying to get out the supported machines is just back everything up to a stop over and over again.
    Spent so much time to get the machine to be the best , and not reassemble right after is now causing problems and blame the machine,
    So it is better just to stop it and maybe bad luck will stop,

XZero cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile supported round rail machine

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    The reason I am not making the supported round rail machine no more is the length of time to put together.
    It's a shame George. They look like a work of art. and for those that have left you high and dry for money oweing, SHAME ON YOU. If and when something goes wrong or you need parts, I'm sure George will not forget!
    Good luck George, I hope things go smoother from now on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

And also perhaps this will speed up the leadtime on the square rail machines. It should hopefully be easier for you now.

....it really is a shame that people have not paid. Not everyone out there is that way George and you should try not to let them poison your perception of mankind in general......HOWEVER, I would never have sent a machine out without payment because I tend to distrust people. Kudos to you for at least trusting your fellow man, sorry you got burnt. :-(

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Ballscrews

Any idea as to when you expect the replacement ballscrews for the 40 x 60 machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

this machinist thing is alot of work!

after alot fo trial and error - mostly with jigs, i have arived at these:

yay!

theres a few "issues" with georges machine that i had to watch out for though.

1st is obvious, the machine is light, and when you push hard it flexes. so i had to find the right balance of fedd rate and depth. that said, it plows through wood with relative ease when you get it all dialed in. most of my cuts are 1/4" depth, 50-75% tool width, and 200ish ipm. i slow it down to 75ipm on some finish passes, as im using a super long 1/4" end mill thats got its own flex issues. i ran the top carving with a 1" ball nose at 350ipm (the fastest i trust the machine not to stall at right now). plunging is a general nono (and is kinda on most machines) as it flexes back the spindle and casues the bit to not be perpendicular to the work. so instead a slower feed rate ramp or helix is best to enter the work piece. youll always want a fine finish pass on side walls that are critical, as well as bottoms of pockets.

second issue is a strange one thats harder to find a work around. the linear rails butt up against the uprights and end plates. wood dust collects in the corners and you effectively loose more and more travel - up to about 1/4" on each end if you arent paying attention. unfortunately putting a bellows on is not viable, because that will eat alot more travel. i think the best bet is to simply not have the dust reach there by using a vacuum hood. i happen to be using all the y travel with only 1/8" to spare each end, so i need to do something.

anyhow, i took many pictures of my program stages and jig, im going to organise them into their own thread later. will probably do a video soon, but ive run out of wood sized for these bodies, haha.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work....
    What size machine is it and what motors and drivers and spindle are you using. I am impressed with the feed rates you are able to get for a light weight machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    Nice work....
    What size machine is it and what motors and drivers and spindle are you using. I am impressed with the feed rates you are able to get for a light weight machine.
    its a 24x36" hiwin model. im using the 270oz in motors from george, and gecko g540 drivers. spindle is a colombo air cooled 1.5hp 18000rpm.

Downloads
    Uploads

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

sweet. that will be highly useful.

Downloads
    Uploads

8 inch Z axis , 3/4 inch aluminum , 8 inch travel .Mounting holes for for XZero router mounts and also any K2 mount
    Also the bearing are the HGH20HA super heavy duty

XZero cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    its a 24x36" hiwin model. im using the 270oz in motors from george, and gecko g540 drivers. spindle is a colombo air cooled 1.5hp 18000rpm.
    That is pretty much what I am look for size wise, if not just a bit wide frame. That drive and motor combo generates impressive performance. Thanks for sharing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    8 inch Z axis , 3/4 inch aluminum , 8 inch travel .Mounting holes for for XZero router mounts and also any K2 mount
    Also the bearing are the HGH20HA super heavy duty

Looks nice and beafy

Downloads
    Uploads

Also will be switching lots of the machines to the Bosch Rexroth aluminum profiles

XZero cnc

Page 5 of 225 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast