Need Help! Possible new machine? Need opinions!

Thread: Possible new machine? Need opinions!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Possible new machine? Need opinions!

I found an older AXYZ router for sale. The seller says it's about 20 years old. I have not been able to find a model number or year of production.

Does anybody have any information on this machine? The seller is asking $4,000. Is this a deal for a setup minus computer and software? Thanks

Possible new machine? Need opinions!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375459653-777518-jpg

Possible new machine? Need opinions!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375459669-343611-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

F15pilot,

The condition of the machine in the photo is problematic to me. There no labeling etc. to indicate who made it.

It is not in pristine condition, with lots of possible problems.

Wear, alignment, and 20 year old electronics to name a couple.

I would certainly want to visit the shop and give it thorough look see.

While it is a nice table size, one could spend a lot to refurbish it.

One other thing, where is it located relative to your location ? Shipping could be expensive.

Just my thoughts on the subject ..... definitely not a turn-key proposition.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't see $4,000 worth of useful parts there either. The table itself is probably still okay, but the rest of it is iffy at best. You can't expect 20-year-old mechanical parts and electronics to function correctly and the motors, if they aren't worn out, are obsolete. It certainly doesn't look like it's in working condition to me, and even if it was, I think you'd be further along if you spent your $4k on new parts, rather than this worn-out and neglected old pile of junk.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Possible new machine? Need opinions!

only considering the development of CNC technology, you are buying a structure only.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought mine (quite like yours) and upgraded it with Clear Path motors, all new wiring, all new electronics (UB1 and EC3eth) and UCCNC. It came with 2 Perske spindles, valved vacuum bed with t-slots. No ATC. It'll run all day for days at a time (if I have the work) if I ask it to. My investment in the end was what I would easily call reasonable to in the end have a 5' x 10' machine. Just sayin'...

Downloads
    Uploads

Some don't get it. Personally, I get a big kick out of making something out of nothing (or little). It was a learning experience for me to take mine from surplus to serious, but with the help of this forum (especially Ger and others), I'm way ahead. Try to determine the "tightness" of the machine and go from there. If you're machine is sound (do they ever really wear out?) and you have time to pick at it as I did, you'll be glad where it takes you. If you want some additional encouragement, go price a new 4' x 8' or 5' x 10' machine.