Newbie Multi vice options with Fusion 360

Thread: Multi vice options with Fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multi vice options with Fusion 360

Im getting awesome results with Fusion 360 having taken 6 weeks to get a handle on it. I am going to machine a bunch of parts for my employer, in return he is willing to splash out on a multi vice option (attached file). Its not cheap, at all. But compared to the costs of having the work done by a third party I have a case to do the work for him, and gain some tooling. Looking at it I see there are fixed jaws with the wedge type holdings in the middle. Large at 100mm w x 600mm

Weird question is how difficult will it be to set up in fusion for a reasonable newbie. I call myself that because I am not trained - not a machinist - have respect for all who are. Like as an experienced CNC programmer - how long would you expect to take to set 4 identical pieces up in a fixture like this one? And I am wondering if I am biting off more than I can chew with a 4 x multi fixture like this one.

I have done heaps of machining - but have never set anything up like the Fusion 360 options for work holding. I guess I dont want to look like a dork when my boss goes out, buys me a wicked vice, and I take months to learn how to use it.

I have found two options, a multi 4 piece or a double. What to do.....

Know what I mean? Should I just grab a double vice and wait until I know more?

Now I know - someone will have something to say and am keen to hear it please. Thanks in advance, B