Has anyone tried out these new Kurt DX6 vises?

Thread: Has anyone tried out these new Kurt DX6 vises?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Has anyone tried out these new Kurt DX6 vises?

The old D675/D688 vises were nice because the back was open and the front was closed so when you blew them off, the chips went straight out the back away from you. The 3600V vises had the front open which was a pain, but they more than made up for it with the ability to mount them on their side. So what does Kurt do with the DX6? They took the worst of both vises and combined them. Can't mount them on the side, and the front of them is open. What a brilliant idea! But that's not even the worst part about them.

I have two brand new DX6 vises here, bought within a year of each other, and guess what? I can't get them to line up on my subplate. They're so different from each other that with one vise all the way back and one vise all the way forward, I can't get these to indicate. Unbelievable. I have a 30+ y/o D675 and a 5 y/o D688 and they line up just fine with each other - but Kurt has screwed up their manufacturing process so bad that they can't even get two brand new vises to line up. I can't even believe what I'm dealing with here. Every single American company has gone to complete hell. Every other country in the world is passing us by and it's because of things like this. What a complete disgrace.

Hold onto those old Kurt vises because this is truly a case of "they don't make them like they used to"

Has anyone tried out these new Kurt DX6 vises?-img_1419-jpg