What does everyone use to hold down thin balsa and plywood on their CNC Router spoilb

Thread: What does everyone use to hold down thin balsa and plywood on their CNC Router spoilb

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What does everyone use to hold down thin balsa and plywood on their CNC Router spoilb

I’m in the process of designing/building my 2nd CNC machine, first one was a 3D printer. I’m clueless about holding thin materials, as all I’ve seen are clamping systems for thicker materials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What does everyone use to hold down thin balsa and plywood on their CNC Router sp

I use double sided tape a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What does everyone use to hold down thin balsa and plywood on their CNC Router sp

Vacuum is the most common, and it works well for thin stock. The other way is to use a double-stick tape of some sort. Are your pieces all the same size, or do you need to accommodate all sorts of different shapes? Vacuum works best the tighter the fit between the pod and the material being cut, but it's possible to lay something around the edges to block the flow of air if necessary to retain vacuum pressure. Although small pieces can be held down by a shop vac, anything sizable requires a high-volume low pressure vacuum pump.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

vacuum with a MDF undercarrier plate for the product to lay on