Hi everybody,
I am Yasir and I like woodturning. I was searching for a woodturning lathe but because I am a newbee, I have two doubts about buying a lathe;
1st: I scared about safety of the process
2nd: Computer control for repeating the part or machining a product which I draw on PC

So I searched the market 2 years ago and I couldn't find any lathe which can solve those two problems. And for 2 years I was trying to design and make a prototype for myself a CNC controlled woodturning machine. Because I am and my friends are mechanical engineers, things gone a bit far asd now I come up with such a prototype:

I learned a lot of things in the process and I developed with my friends very nice features.

Some of them are:
--in manual mode;
-I can use the machine with a playstation controller like chisel is in my hand
-I can record the movements of the chisel so I can easily repeat the process to let machine to make the exactly same part
-I can arrange and change every axis speed and feed individually

--in CNC mode;
-I can use the machine exactly as a cnc lathe
-I can read loads on each axis and quickly stop or slow down if something goes wrong.

So I am expecting from you guys to come up with extra developing ideas. What features can be added to this? Please let me know if you liked or not the idea.

My next goals are:
-making an automatic tool changer
-adding 4th axis spindle to make drilling and machining from side
-adding laser engraver to make patterns on the wood

I am thinking to make a exterior cover such as below so I can use the machine without any fear of having injuries