Need Help! Spindle speeds feed rates and the such

Thread: Spindle speeds feed rates and the such

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Spindle speeds feed rates and the such

Hello everyone,

We have a stepper motor that we can get up to around 400 RPMs which is spinning our material, we have a spindle that can be be adjusted up to 24000, but we have been running it at 12000, we use this to hold the cutting tool.

We are making tapered spindles for furniture.

Now for the question. Does anyone know of a good source to explain to me what speed I should be spinning my stock at, what speed should the spindle running at, what should the feed rate be, what angle or position should the tool be at. What tool to use, right now we use a 0.5 inch end mill. Currently with the way things I do not have the luxury of trying different settings so I am looking for good reference material that can answer these questions plus more....

Thanks
    and Stay Safe

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle speeds feed rates and the such

1) Standard lathe-type turning is far faster and more efficient than a rotating tool on a rotary axis, and will often give a better finish.

2) That's a nearly impossible question to answer, for many reasons.

Changes in diameter will greatly affect both lathe and spindle RPM.

Depending on the shape being cut, you may have situations where a LOT of material is being removed in some areas, and very little in others.

Amount of material being removed will come into play.

The type of tool you use may have a lot to do with the shape of your parts. A large ball nose or core box type bit may be a better choice.

Generally, with normal CNC routing, you want to feed as fast as possible, with the lowest spindle RPM possible, and still get an acceptable finish. Unfortunately, only trial and error testing will give you the answers you're looking for.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle speeds feed rates and the such

Thanks