Need Help! I have a quick question regarding adding a touch plate to my system

Thread: I have a quick question regarding adding a touch plate to my system

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have a quick question regarding adding a touch plate to my system

Hi

I'm running a Joe 4x4 with Mach 3 on a windows XP computer. The breakout board is a CNC4PC C10 rev 7 and I'm looking to add a Z-Zero touch plate and have 3 wiring diagrams I have found and was wondering which is the best one to go with.

"C10 probe wiring ver 0" is directly from the CNC4PC manual and shows no inline resistor.
    "C10 probe wiring ver 1" is directly from a thread here and shows an inline resistor with the probe "hot" connected to two +5 contacts.
    "C10 probe wiring ver 2" is directly from a thread here and shows an inline resistor with the probe "hot" connected to one +5 contacts.

I'm trying to decide between the best of the three configurations to use. Is there a best one of the three or will they all do the same thing and function equally well.

thanks
    Steven

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I have a quick question regarding adding a touch plate to my system-c10-probe-wiring-ver-1-jpg   I have a quick question regarding adding a touch plate to my system-c10-probe-wiring-ver-0-jpg   I have a quick question regarding adding a touch plate to my system-c10-probe-wiring-ver-2-jpg  
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I have a quick question regarding adding a touch plate to my system

I have a HobbyCNC board, so my results might be slightly different than yours. I used option #2, no resistor, just hook the probe between the input and ground. My board has a built-in 10K pullup resistor. If your board does not have a built-in pullup resistor and you go with option #1, the resistor should probably be between 1K and 10K. 56 ohms seems way too strong.

I bought a cheap CNC touch plate off Ebay. There is nothing complex about it, so the $4 cheap ones work just fine. I stuck a rare earth magnet into the clip and just touch it to my router bit.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I have a quick question regarding adding a touch plate to my system

Hi Steve,

Thanks. It sounds like we got out touch plates from the same store

I was looking at the ones from CNC Router Parts and said $80, they must be joking. And then found something that looks the same and probably behaves exactly the same on ebay for $4

I'll check the manual to see it it has a pullup resistor

If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven