New Machine Build SeeMeCNC Rout 'n Twist

Thread: SeeMeCNC Rout 'n Twist

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SeeMeCNC Rout 'n Twist

Hello everyone on the zone, John here from SeeMeCNC.com Some of you may have heard of us from our 3D printers. I'd like to introduce another one of our CNC machines we're building and selling, and see what you guys think. A little background about it, in a previous life I ran a custom wood shop with both a 6' X 12' 5 axis and a WEMA CNC wood lathe, and in the lathe cell we had a few traditional ornamental mills for doing the rope twisting and fluting/reeding. Those machines were sloooow and very user-intense to set up and operate well. I've since been doing other things but stay in touch with that shop, and when they told me the ornamental mills were just worn out, I told them we could build a custom CNC version. So, the Rout 'n Twist was born. We wanted to make a machine that was a good hardcore hobbyist/light commercial machine, use Mach3 for control, make it easy to work on by the end user with as little proprietary parts as possible, and build it bullet proof. I think we're pretty much there. We are ready to offer them on our website, and thought I'd post up on here and start some conversation on the machine and see what you guys think. It's a 3 axis, but unconventional in that it's X, Z and A. With a decent CAM package, you can do some pretty awesome stuff with that combination. We use mastercam at the shop for our other machines, so I've made some pretty neat stuff with that. I'm interested to hear more from you guys though as far as how you would use the machine, what you would make etc... It is a bit of a unique machine, but I know there is a demand for sub 30K rotary CNC's. Take a look at it, we're adding pics as we go, but read about it there, and over here we've added a Rout 'n Twist forum for our users too. I'll post more pics and videos soon.