Need Help! Tool Changer on Automated Precision Equipment HD200 Not working!

Thread: Tool Changer on Automated Precision Equipment HD200 Not working!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool Changer on Automated Precision Equipment HD200 Not working!

I'm fairly new at this, and have no formal CNC training. In our shop we have an HD200 CNC router system used for sign work. The machine is set up for a 6-tool change. It uses an APE "Tool Measure" which has ceased to function. We've traced the wiring back to the Servo Drive, and get power (the power is cut when the Tool Measure (TM) device is activated). However, when the machine goes to measure a tool, it presses down on the TM and jams. As of right now, I can get the work done by manually changing tools, but this hampers efficiency. An ideas (in layman's terms) how I can check the setup in the software?

Thanks
    Steve

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tool Changer on Automated Precision Equipment HD200 Not working!

From the menu bar, select "View" then "Inputs". Press on the tool measure switch. Does one of the input indicators change state?

Its most likely that your TLM is inop and the servo faults when it bottoms out

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I'll try that!

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay. When I press the Tool Measuring Device the P3,B1 port (which shows black) lights up green like the rest of the ports. However, when I have the machine on and manually press the TMD, the red arrow that is supposed to appear next to the Z-axis does not light up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try typing in "L210Z" to enable the alt low limit and see if the arrow will go active. (no quotes)
    Type "L212" when done testing

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay. I tried typing in "L210Z" (without the quotation marks) and the "Abort" symbol in the tool bar went red, the start symbol went gray, and then the abort symbol went back to gray and the start symbol back to green. I got no arrow on my Z-axis when pressing the TM switch. When I input the L212Z command, I get an "Error - Multiple Commands" notice.

Downloads
    Uploads

IS there internet to the control computer? APE should be able to log on and diagnose. If they cannot help, I suggest you call and have WinCNC techs log on and diagnose your issue. They do charge, but at least your issue will be revealed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Got in touch with Mike Queen at WinCnc and he talked me trough the system. Appears that a glitch caused the ATM to be turned off. We got it working again, and have calibrated #1 tool pocket. I'm going to get back with Mike in a couple of weeks to set the rest and familiarize myself with procedures. Great folks at WinCnc! Can't say enough!