Smoothing and acceleration

Thread: Smoothing and acceleration

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Smoothing and acceleration

Howdy,

I have had a heck of a time with a new machine run with WINCNC. Support blames me and my programming for extremely jerky motion on my toolpaths. I insist that the motor tuning and WINCNC tuning is only set up to run 2 axis motion. I have no problem eating crow but have run the exact same Gcodes on similar machines with zero issues.

Is anyone here able to provide a WINCNC.INI file for a machine that runs surface models made from a CAM package like Mastercam or SolidCAM. I have programmed dozens of machines with dozens of CAM packages for 20 years now and have never had issues like this that were not related to bad motor tuning. I do not care about being right. Just making smooth 3 axis toolapaths.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Smoothing and acceleration

Warren...
    It seems humorous that you have had the time to get on the net and complain again, but didn't have the time to send me the offending .TAP file and a few seconds of video that you promised in your reply. Allowing me to see what you are seeing is paramount to proper adjustment. There are a number of changes I can make to the INI, but I prefer not to guess. It is difficult to judge just how much to change a parameter by just hearing you bit**.

I was able to acquire a copy of a .TAP file you sent to support, and I am going to agree with them in part. There are commands that I would remove and changes that I would make to get much smoother operation. But like I promised you, I will toolpath your file should my setting not return your expected results. Standing by for your reply with requested information. Actually from my email, but it seems you prefer this forum.

You might want to take some time and study the idiom of catching flies with honey or vinegar.... just sayin

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd be curious on the results, I share the opinion of wincnc for full 3d work, tried it once and it wasn't a strength....I might know a few tweaks now, but machine has no time for 3d anymore..... Still, be curious was settings get changes here and with what result.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Greg...
    Time to put this one to bed. All in all, there were 3 causes to Warrens issues.

1) The config files loaded on the machine were not the best version available for Warren's cutting. This happened on my watch at the factory, and should not happen in the future as all computers are now build and preloaded by WinCNC.
    2) The actual code in Warren's tap files had numerous incompatible lines that produced errors, including a lot of what I refer to as "single sticking" that caused thousands of stops and slowdowns in a 3D file. Warren is looking into acquiring an upgraded post processor.
    3) In an attempt to "force" the machine into performing better, Warren added a number of lines that actually made the situation worse. Now that he sees how the machine runs without them, I doubt the will be a problem in the future.

Here is a cut/paste excerpt from his final email:

"Thanks Gary,
    In my frustration my temper has gotten the best of me. I do apologize for anything I said that was uncalled for. I've been looking at a big machine purchase using the tools I've used forever and have been overtaken by frustration.
    At this point I have done what I can to make good toolpaths that have adapted to the limitations of what I have to I am making parts quite happily."

Greg, between you and me, I guessed this was the problem in the beginning. That the machine had been setup to run large parts FAST and not intricate parts at medium speeds and high accuracy. I suspected this from his first post. Had Warren not "come into the room" throwing angry derogatory comments at WinCNC and laying down a resume that far exceeds mine, I would have asked for a copy of his INI and had him running very close to optimal in under an hour. That's under an hour from weeks ago!. And.... as it turned out, he was not the owner of the machine, but a paid service tech that was doing a specialized machine setup for specific parts.

In my reply to his final email, I asked him to post results here and extend his apology to the WinCNC techs. I am not aware that this is happened. In the long run they deserved the apology much more than I did. BTW, CAMaster and WinCNC techs did not hesitate to provide any and all information to get Warren's config files the best they could be. It's a wonder they could read my emails thru all the crap he had thrown in their faces.

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits