Glowforge laser cutter 50% off + $100 off coupon!

Thread: Glowforge laser cutter 50% off + $100 off coupon!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Glowforge laser cutter 50% off + $100 off coupon!

Glowforge is selling their laser cutters at 50% off right now

The following link will get you an additional $100 off: Glowforge - the 3D laser printer

I just got a pro model, as it has much better cooling, and unlimited material length due to the feeder. If you are looking to get a new laser cutter, these look pretty sweet.

I think the autodetect software is what makes this shine above other laser cutters. you can draw on something and it will be able to cut along the lines you drew. You can also cut through 1/4" deep in 1/2" wood, flip it over, and it will auto detect the cut location from the other side, and finish the remaining 1/4" cut on the reverse!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Glowforge laser cutter 50% off + $100 off coupon!

A lot of people think that their marketing claims are greatly exaggerated, and that these are potentially very unsafe.
    There are numerous forum threads about the Glowforge.

Until they start shipping, nobody really knows how good they'll be.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    A lot of people think that their marketing claims are greatly exaggerated, and that these are potentially very unsafe.
    There are numerous forum threads about the Glowforge.

Until they start shipping, nobody really knows how good they'll be.
    The thing is, their claims dont seem that outlandish. The video TESTED did shows it working pretty well, and the additional features of the pro model seem to help any issues people have with safety. The fire hazard is still there, as is with all laser cutters, I guess only time will tell. I dont mind modifying mine though. The software bundle and auto-detection features look pretty amazing compared to whats out there now. I think thats what got me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed hell of a marketing video. If they can live up to all the hype it will be really interesting to watch. Problem is those videos very much exaggerate the capabilities and safety based on what we know of co2 lasers over the past 20 years. I'm not saying it won't do some of the things they claim, just don't go expecting it to do everything they say.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilsons View Post
    The thing is, their claims dont seem that outlandish. The video TESTED did shows it working pretty well, and the additional features of the pro model seem to help any issues people have with safety. The fire hazard is still there, as is with all laser cutters, I guess only time will tell. I dont mind modifying mine though. The software bundle and auto-detection features look pretty amazing compared to whats out there now. I think thats what got me.

Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w, Thunder Laser Mars-130 (130w), Signature Rotatory Engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jwilsons View Post
    Glowforge is selling their laser cutters at 50% off right now

The following link will get you an additional $100 off: Glowforge - the 3D laser printer

I just got a pro model, as it has much better cooling, and unlimited material length due to the feeder. If you are looking to get a new laser cutter, these look pretty sweet.

I think the autodetect software is what makes this shine above other laser cutters. you can draw on something and it will be able to cut along the lines you drew. You can also cut through 1/4" deep in 1/2" wood, flip it over, and it will auto detect the cut location from the other side, and finish the remaining 1/4" cut on the reverse!
    Awesome Thanks