VMC Spindle Retrofit

Thread: VMC Spindle Retrofit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VMC Spindle Retrofit

I am looking for a new or lightly used/rebuilt spindle motor for my VMC. It is for a belt drive spindle. I would go for a VFD rated motor or AC servo and drive that would interface with Mach3. I need 3.7Kw or 5HP or more and 8000rpm or more. Surely there is a company out there making these or someone who has one.

Thanks
    Jim McCuan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VMC Spindle Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by jlmccuan View Post
    I am looking for a new or lightly used/rebuilt spindle motor for my VMC. It is for a belt drive spindle. I would go for a VFD rated motor or AC servo and drive that would interface with Mach3. I need 3.7Kw or 5HP or more and 8000rpm or more. Surely there is a company out there making these or someone who has one.

Thanks
    Jim McCuan
    There are a few people that have been using these spindle motors they seem to work well there are other manufactures that make these spindle motors also, you need to buy the Drive also with the motor High Torque Servo Spindle Motor For CNC Controller System 5.5KW Max Speed 8000RPM

You can also use a washdown AC 3Phase motor that will give you 6000RPM

Mactec54