Need help with electronics for cnc router - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with electronics for cnc router

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with electronics for cnc router

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Morning - I have been using UCCNC with W10 & a UC100 for 4 years (on 3 machines) and it has always worked through the windows updates. They (win updates) are annoying but I suppose useful. Mach3 was good in its time for the technology at the time. Do you still have a fob watch? Time to move along. Peter
    ...and I have been happily using UCCNC since the mid 2016, initially on W7 and on W10 as soon as it became available also on three machines, both through wired and wireless Ethernet.

BTW, fob watches are quite fashionable and trendy but yes, I understand what you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with electronics for cnc router

It's a roughly 3 ft x axis, 4.5 ft y axis and 8 inch z axis.

There are individual motors driving the x and z axis on each side for the hotwire cutter function in which case the y axis is removed and a hotwire is stretched between the 2 z axis.

When being used as a cnc router both z axis move together.

See attached image.

In any case although I only have 4 axis there are 5 motors so I think getting a 5 axis controller is the way to go.

I don't know much about the electronic side of things.

Building the mechanical part is within my skill set but need help with the rest.

So could i get some recommendations for the controller board (I have Nema 23 motors already).

I'm guessing I will also need drivers for the motors? And a power supply of some type?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12