A signal or power booster to stepper motor, is ther one do they exisist?

Thread: A signal or power booster to stepper motor, is ther one do they exisist?

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy A signal or power booster to stepper motor, is ther one do they exisist?

I own an old Legacy Ornamental Mill and just recently purchased a used Handibot.
    I have rigged it so I can send the X-axis signal out of the handibot and I used heavy gauge wire but it is around 7' long. So the motor does not engage, not even a little bit, no holding power.

I am wondering if there is such a thing as an inline power booster for stepper motors?
    Do to the nature of this retrofit I may very well need to add a larger stepper motor anyway.

Any suggestions or insight would be most kind and thanks in advance for your time,

-Tim

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A signal or power booster to stepper motor, is ther one do they exisist?

7' of wire should work with no problems. Maybe a picture or two of what you did would be helpful.

When you say you are sending the ''signal'' out. What exactly does that mean? You would need to disconnect the motor wires from the HandiBot and run them out to the remote motor. And also have the pairs correctly connected to the remote motor.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A signal or power booster to stepper motor, is ther one do they exisist?

Hi Jim,

I used a set of D9 pin connectors, the Handibot actually had a spot for one to be mounted I assume for a 4th axis. I plugged the original X stepper motor into it and it works great up to that point. So that is where I made the connection it is an A A/ and B B/ rather then a step and direction signal if that makes sense. I hijacked it on route to the original stepper motor so it can quickly go back to a portable CNC unit again.
    I will add photos tomorrow and do some additional testing as I have other working stepper motors on my mini mill and mini lathe I can swap in.

Thanks for the snappy response,

Tim