3d SCANNERS for reverse engineering parts ?

Thread: 3d SCANNERS for reverse engineering parts ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3d SCANNERS for reverse engineering parts ?

can you guys recommend a good 3D scanner? does anybody use the desktop versions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3d SCANNERS for reverse engineering parts ?

nobody has got one ? ?Nextengine 3D ? EinScan Pro HD?

Downloads
    Uploads

My office hand a NextEngine scanner for doing small organic objects. We weren't looking for precise meshes. Just something to get us close. It worked well for that. Still it was 4 grand back in 2014.

Depending on your needs, I would look at software that uses your phone. There is some pretty remarkable stuff happening there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try: https://3dunderworld.org/ for a free software solution.

You can also get an HP sls 3d scanner pretty inexpensively compared to other options. Unlike other options, the camera and projector are seperate, thus you can repair it cheaply if somethine fails. I avoided Einscan because earlier on they had quality issues out of warranty and I don't think they offered repair services back then.

I got the HP just so that I can always have something that works. It works very good but you have to manually move the piece and make each scan seperate. There is a DIY solution for a turn table, I'd try and go that route. The official turn table price is through the roof.

EMCO PC mill 50/55 My conversion: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop-machines/420198-cnc.html#post2451878

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Okuma - You need to describe what you want to do or need to do. You can spend $200 or $2M on a scanner. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

BTW if you get a typical HP 3d scanner, you can get accuracy of Up to 0.05% of scan size. That's pretty good. For reflective surfaces you need to apply a dulling spray or developer spray works. They make special 3d scan spray too.

When scanning very precise features you actually need to account for the added thickness due to the spray.

If you only want to scan parts you can use just about any 3d scanner.

To do real reverse engineering you also need a suitable software.

Geomagic Design X costs 20K for a perpetual liscense. They offer a cheaper software creaform or something for 5k.

Solidworks can do a lot of functions you will need with an add in, scan2 3d I think. Maybe scan 2 cad.

Inventor had an add in that worked until the latest version, not sure if the add in has been updated yet.

So yeah you need more than just the scanner for reverse engineering.

Unless there's a scanner out there that unbeknownst to me comes with some reverse engineering software.

EMCO PC mill 50/55 My conversion: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop-machines/420198-cnc.html#post2451878