CNC Frame kit

Thread: CNC Frame kit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Frame kit

Hello all. I would like to build my own 4th axis CNC machine for pool cues.This will be atleast a year long process as I save funds because I really want to build a solid accurate machine. I would like to build my own and start with the assembly of a frame with leadsrews and rails. I would like it to be 48 to 52 inches long and approximately 3 feet wide. I have been looking on-line but not finding what I am looking for. If anyone could provide some recommendations I would appreciate the help.

Thanks Ed Petersen

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Frame kit

Hi Ed - What total budget do you expect for this machine? Leadscrews are questionable I suggest you use ballscrews. The lengths are not an issue. Why 3ft wide if only for ques? This will double your machine cost due to extra bits and extra stiffness required.... If you make it narrow you will only need one drive for the long axis vs two and the structure would be simpler like a lathe? Are you going to include a rest or back roller for support on such a long thin object? Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Frame kit

Hi Ed,according to your needs, I think 1300*900mm or 1300*1300mm working area is suit for you.Like peter said, ballscrews' precision is betther than rails.Because to prevent the cutting line deformation caused by the Y-axis screw bending, the Y-axis on both sides have been equipped two rails guide and double ball drive screw design to ensure the straightness and arc degree when with high-speed cutting is in operation. If you need to know about more,you can contact me.

-Aubrey