Looking for advice on options for cnc router with 4th axis

Thread: Looking for advice on options for cnc router with 4th axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for advice on options for cnc router with 4th axis

Hey!

I'm hoping you find people can help me out, I'm still pretty fresh into the world of cnc.

I'm in the market for a cnc router that I can connect a 4th axis to. I work with a lot of 3D printers and we're ready to start on some wood work but I'm having a tough time finding something that will do what I need. I've built an MPCNC and it works fine but my DIY 4th axis is... Not great.

I've looked at some 4th axis kits online and am only finding Chinese versions on Amazon. Is that the way to go? I just don't want to spend $500+ on one to discover it was a bad idea.

For the cnc it itself, I've looked at one's like the workbee but am not sure if it's what I'm after.

Basically I need a machine that can route cylinders that are about 1-1.5 inches in diameter and about 15 inches long. If 15 is too long I can also get away with closer to 7.

It would be nice if it can also do normal 3 axis as well without to much work, but I can use my MPCNC for that if needed.

Currently my budget is about $3000 CAD, which unfortunately doesn't go super far. If it an be done within that, awesome, or if I need to set aside more for it I can work towards that too.

I really appreciate any advice anyone can give. I'm pretty good at figuring things out but we're in the middle of the holiday rush and I just don't have a ton of time to be digging through tons of information.

Thank you!