Chinese CNC help

Thread: Chinese CNC help

Default Chinese CNC help

Hello. Although I have been a woodworker for years I am brand new at CNC so I am clueless. I have been working on buying a machine from China. I would appreciate some feedback on the configuration and choice of controller and want to make sure all the options will work together. It is priced with a pendant but MACH3 seems easier to me and configured that was is actually cheaper. My concern is the set up difficulty using MACH3. Here is a pic of the build sheet. Thanks in advance for the help.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese CNC help-cnc-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese CNC help

I haven't bought a Chinese machine but I would say that the hardware list isn't at all bad.Mach 3 is old but still has many adherents and some of the supplied versions are the demo version or not entirely the same as the original.Any reason why you wouldn't want Mach 4?

If cost is a factor,don't forget that you still need to add CAD and CAM to the process in the event that Artcam is less than your needs will dictate.

Downloads
    Uploads

How much are you paying for this?

Do you know that the Leadshine "Easy Servos" are 1200 oz closed loop steppers?
    The ArtCAM they are giving you is a pirated copy.
    The Italian HSD spindle is likely a Chinese knockoff.

The "Good After Sale Service" will likely be non existent.

Mach3 is very easy to setup. If they are providing it, they should have it setup already. Just have them supply a wiring diagram and list of how it's wired.
    Be aware that it will almost certainly come with a Chines Mach3 motion controller. Almost all of them have some issues, where certain functions won't work correctly, or not at all.

I would not recommend Mach3 on a new machine. It's 15+ year old, unsupported software. There are many better choices available these days.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks guys for the input.Routalot-I was only given 2 choices 1 was weihong nk105 and MACH3.

ger21-The machine is from ACC%TEK and is $6950. I did not know any of this as I am brand new to this and am learning. I assumed the MACH3 had to be set up on my PC which they do not provide so I thought it would have to be set up here on my provided PC. If the MACH3 motion controller is so unreliable what are your thoughts on the weihong nk105? Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

1customer setup mach3 on his pc by himself
    2 Factory egineer setup mach3 with remote way by teamviwer
    3 factory prepare a PC with mach3
    At same time ,nk105 is handhold type control cnc ,without Mach3 setup trouble ,work stable ,easy to learn . that is why some China cnc sales recommend it .

Quote Originally Posted by allencncrouter View Post
    1customer setup mach3 on his pc by himself
    2 Factory egineer setup mach3 with remote way by teamviwer
    3 factory prepare a PC with mach3
    At same time ,nk105 is handhold type control cnc ,without Mach3 setup trouble ,work stable ,easy to learn . that is why some China cnc sales recommend it .
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

if you also need a compare ,contact with me +8618560201508 or email omnisales6@omni-cnc.com