hi gang,

looking for the best place to buy 8020 extrusion and related hardware

thanks !

Joe

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Best Place to buy 8020 extrusion

You might try 8020.com. I've bought direct onezy/twozy custom from them in the past without issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

8020.net. Sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ebay has some good deals.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Search for 8020 garage sale. It's 8020's ebay store. While you can buy their standard length extrusions from the garage sale, you can also find a variety of cut pieces you won't find on 8020.net. Once in a blue moon, you may run across a super deal. A few years back, They had a run with anodizing that didn't meet their standards. They sold the stuff at a pretty deep discount. I couldn't really tell much difference, which made it an even better deal. I still kick myself for not buying more when I had the chance. It went pretty quickly.

I buy from both the garage sale and 8020.net. Depends on what I'm after. I ordered enough extrusions to build a 4'x4' CNC router. They needed some fastener milling I didn't want to bother with. I bought that stuff from 8020.net.

Sometimes you can get some deals from ebay vendors who sell some 8020 hardware. Nothing to rock your world, but I recently found some roll-in t-nuts $0.11 cheaper than 8020 was selling them. The shipping was also cheaper. It all adds up.

Be aware that shipping costs on 8020 can be a real killer, depending upon where you live. 8020 is located in northern Indiana. I live in Washington State. Shipping costs to me are horrible. I believe they ship all extrusion orders through UPS. I could be wrong, but I don't think they ship through trucking companies LTL. So, you're pretty much stuck with UPS.

You might do some comparison shopping at Zoro. I don't know if they still sell 8020, but they used to.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

I have 2 pieces of 1530 x 60” that I don’t need. I had to buy 2 more pieces of 1545 so I just put the other ones to the side. If interested just PM me. I already have it boxed up and I can get a quote for shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

The best place to buy them is Zoro.com. They sell through eBay at special discounts and through Walmart.com. You will save there through shipping costs. I have several extra pieces I need to sell. They are mostly small 3030 profile beams, connectors and hardware pieces. Let me know of any extras that you might need and I can see if I can match or beat those costs.

Downloads
    Uploads

And if you don't need actual 8020; but just t-slot extrusion in general; you might also search ebay for 2020 and/or 3030 extrusion and t-nuts.