Which CNC for cutting?

Thread: Which CNC for cutting?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which CNC for cutting?

Hi
    I need to cut some kind of rubber, only 1mm thick. The machines of Click'n cut market (sign market) lack of power and can't cut reliably except if you take to big machines (Esko, summa, zund etc...) which are super expensive and too big.
    My working area: around 90*60cm (36"*24").

There are many CNC of this size out there:
    I've noticed essentially 2: stepcraft D 840 with their new tangential knife. I think that it could eventually cut my material but this is a bit light system for little production.

The second one is the one that I'm focusing on: HIGH-Z S-1000/T CNC ROUTER from cnc-step.com .What do you think about this CNC table according to the specs? (I'm totally new to CNC tables, but I know 3D )
    I'll put on it a tangential knife like this one :TANGENTIAL KNIFE TCM-4 https://www.cnc-step.com/tangential-...-module-tcm-3/
    Do you think that this set up is enough for my need? Is this a rigid enough table to do little production?

Thank you in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which CNC for cutting?

They make a knife holder( spring loaded) for holding the vinyl blades that can be used on a CNC router. I think they are about $250 USD, dead simple to figure out and use. I made one for my CNC plasma cutter a long time ago and it worked beautifully. Your Z motor on a CNC router does the up and down movements for you, the one you have pictured looks expensive but maybe you don't mind. I think if you had a CNC router the knife setup would work, it does for vinyl anyway. Sandblasting media vinyl is what you need to ask about cutting.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

you can try co2 laser cutting machine ,working size 600*900, equip 60w laser tube, which can cut 1mm rubber

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by flora View Post
    you can try co2 laser cutting machine ,working size 600*900, equip 60w laser tube, which can cut 1mm rubber
    That was my first try before going the CNC route. It cuts, no problem but my material is printed and the laser cut does a big mess letting some black burnt dust everywhere: as soon as you manipulate the cut material, you have black fingers and your clothing are dead.
    So, let's forget about laser.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    They make a knife holder( spring loaded) for holding the vinyl blades that can be used on a CNC router. I think they are about $250 USD, dead simple to figure out and use. I made one for my CNC plasma cutter a long time ago and it worked beautifully. Your Z motor on a CNC router does the up and down movements for you, the one you have pictured looks expensive but maybe you don't mind. I think if you had a CNC router the knife setup would work, it does for vinyl anyway. Sandblasting media vinyl is what you need to ask about cutting.
    The vinyl blades are not strong enough....and need a tangential holder, hense the price. If you know a cheaper tangential holder, please, tell me ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JeanJean View Post
    The vinyl blades are not strong enough....and need a tangential holder, hense the price. If you know a cheaper tangential holder, please, tell me ;-)
    You need a top notch CNC Router and these knifes should work, you decide.

Donek Drag Knife | Avid CNC | CNC Router Parts

Downloads
    Uploads

"You need a top notch CNC Router "
    What are your suggestions? is this enough BZT PF 1000-P?

"and these knifes should work"
    These knife should cut, yes but: can't find the tangential holder used in the video demo.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is where a waterjet is the way to go.

Cheapest one I know of
    https://shop.wazer.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQ...YaAt69EALw_wcB

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JeanJean View Post
    "You need a top notch CNC Router "
    What are your suggestions? is this enough BZT PF 1000-P?

"and these knifes should work"
    These knife should cut, yes but: can't find the tangential holder used in the video demo.
    Sorry, your going to have to figure some of this out yourself. The Link I posted is to heavy duty knife holder, your going to need to decide.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have personally built a 12x8ft cutting table that uses a tangential knife (4th axis) it was ton of work to get it working correctly and reliably. I used mycnc from pv-automation as the controller. The machine I built is in the $50,000 range but it uses the same cutting head. If your cutting 1mm rubber you can do it with a 40 watt oscillating knife which is going to be the cheapest option.