RELIABLE CNC MILLING MACHINE UNDER $15K

Thread: RELIABLE CNC MILLING MACHINE UNDER $15K

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RELIABLE CNC MILLING MACHINE UNDER $15K

I was wondering about a good reliable CNC milling center with tool changer/ 20" of travel and at least 6000 RPM?
    I am a small shop and wanna invest in a Cnc mill and right now I do everything manually which is a pain sometimes but I definitely want one and I know CNC so I won't necessarily need any training really.
    thanks let me know your thoughts.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RELIABLE CNC MILLING MACHINE UNDER $15K

If I were in your position I think a used Haas might be a good choice. Check EBay for pricing, they go for about $10K and up. We bought a used Haas TM-2P and have been happy with it.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Anything at that price point will be used. Used and reliable are a hard combination, just make sure to inspect any used machine in person as much as possible before committing to purchasing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    If I were in your position I think a used Haas might be a good choice. Check EBay for pricing, they go for about $10K and up. We bought a used Haas TM-2P and have been happy with it.
    yeah I don't think I have enough room for that machine how about. super mini haas?
    how about a TAKUMI SEIKI V11A ? with Mitsubishi control?

Downloads
    Uploads

A super mini would be fine. I was just commenting on Haas in general. Not the heaviest machines available, but there are a number around for sale and normally good parts availability.

I'm not familiar with the TAKUMI SEIKI V11A but looking at pictures and reading specs it seems to have about the same footprint and a bit larger work envelope than the TM-2P. If you can find one in you budget range, it works for me.

Power requirement is another issue, if you are in a commercial shop with 3 phase power available or have heavy single phase power then you should be good. In our case we have more of a home shop and limited power available so that influenced our choice also. So we limited to a 7.5 HP spindle and the ability to run on single phase.

Last edited by Jim Dawson; 10-20-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

you won't get the 20" of travel that you desire with a super mini , but if you can get by with the 16" travel then they are decent machines . As mentioned haas aren't built for heavy machining , but they are hard to beat in the new or used price range and they can be quite reliable .
    Suppose the biggest factor in machine choice is what your wanting to machine . If your doing a lot of steel then an old mori seiki mv40 may do the trick if you can find one . They are old machines , they sell cheap , are dead solid reliable , and in my opinion will still outperform a new haas within the same range