1st Laser cutter Advice: Wood & Metal

Thread: 1st Laser cutter Advice: Wood & Metal

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1st Laser cutter Advice: Wood & Metal

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've been working with a laser at the local maker space for about a year now and Im ready to commit to buying my first machine for my home/growing business. I mainly work with wood, plywood & hardwoods, and some leather but I would like to get into working with metals as well. The one I'm used to working with is from G-weike and is a 100W CO2 Laser.

I'm looking for the best bang for my buck on a first time laser purchase. Max Budget is around 10k with shipping and everything and I would like to be able to cut sheet metals Copper, steel, aluminum, etc. I have been looking around and there is quite a range of quality and pricing so I was wondering if anyone would like to share tips and experiences with a newbie.

What size laser tube would be required to cut 1/2inch hardwoods. How thick of metal could I cut with (x) size laser?

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!~