Post Processor Issues

Thread: Post Processor Issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Post Processor Issues

Can anyone explain why the post processor would process code like what has been highlighted, and how to correct it? The machine reads the highlighted lines and alarms out because of the "X-.", If I manually edit the program, and remove the "X-.", the machine will read the line without an alarm..
    The post processor i'm using is for Fanuc 16M

Thanks,
    Andy

Post Processor Issues-screenshot-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Post Processor Issues

The machine control is balking because you don't have a value for X. "X-." is an invalid instruction without a number after the point. Are you sure it's the post that's doing that? Have you tried another post, to see if it does the same thing?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    The machine control is balking because you don't have a value for X. "X-." is an invalid instruction without a number after the point. Are you sure it's the post that's doing that? Have you tried another post, to see if it does the same thing?
    It actually posts out the same no matter what post I use, what I have actually figured out, is that it's posting out "X-." when it should be posting out "X0." and yes, I understand exactly why the control sets an alarm for the"X-." because that command gives no direction, what I don't understand is why "X-." is being posted out rather "X0." like it should be...

Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds like an issue for Mecsoft tech support. Send them the file that's provoking this error and let them figure out what's happening. If it's not particular to one post, it might be a bug.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]