Program to Convert Mill g code To Laser g code - CMTL

Thread: Program to Convert Mill g code To Laser g code - CMTL

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Program to Convert Mill g code To Laser g code - CMTL

I got a little laser to do some R&D. VisualMill writes code for a mill (obviously).
    Not to disparage all those other CAM programs but I prefer VM - it just doesn't do laser.
    So, I wrote a program to convert mill g code to laser.

Here's the best part - I'm giving it away for FREE!

Just so there is no confusion, CMTL (that's what I'm calling it) doesn't do scans, it does lines and circles. You know, mill type stuff.
    Engrave Mops, profile Mops. I suppose if you wanted to really fill something in you could do a pocket Mop.

As you can see from the screen shot, the user is able to choose the type of M Code that suits them best.
    The output file is automatically written to the same place the input file was gotten from.
    The output file name is the same as the input file name but has Rev1 added to it. i.e. myfile.nc becomes myfile_Rev1.nc.

The ZIP file contains the program and a sample file so you can see the before and after.
    The program is a .jar file so it requires java to run. Most computers already have Java but if you don't, it's a free download.
    It should be able to run under Windows, Mac or Linux but has only been tested under Win XP, 7 and 10.