This is mainly describing some buggy issues........

I wanted to briefly describe VM 5 as of this date and my experiance.

I have been happy overall with release 5. I have written some good toolpaths in 2 and 3 d.....

There are some issues that yet to be resolved though that I want to post about.

First you cannot simply click a saved files icon and open it, you have to open the software and then open the file

When you bring in a drawing that was generated in AutoCad YOU MUST BE SURE that the file was drawn from the zero coordinates in AutoCad or you cannot center the part

Scaling, moving files works but they need work on it....

When you save a file, the program defaults back to certain settings in the parameters file that will cause you a nightmare..... EXAMPLE - I had done some profiling and saved the file. Next day I open the file and did another profile of same part but on the entry and exits it chnged my settings (didnt save) so I didnt get a verticle exit - result - a nice gouge in an expensive piece of wood....

You cannot copy and paste items - the functions do not work

moving items is tricky at best

These are some of the things I have had problems with..... They are telling me its being worked on........ I like the software but the problem with bringing in AutoCad files is a BIG problem for me because I do all my drafting in AutoCad........

I am not bashing 5.0. I simply wanted to say what I didnt like. Its a good program but it needs some work......